Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#34244 by kickkillerkallkonect
Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm
OK, so I'm not real bright...but how does one add an avatar...and one that moves, or turns?
Can anyone out there help me?
Thank you.
Last edited by kickkillerkallkonect on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
#34256 by Leeway
Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:59 pm
kickkillerkallkonect wrote:OK, so I'm not real bright...but how does one add an avatar...and one that moves, or turns?
Can anyone out there help me?
Thank you.

At the top of any forum page click on User Control Panel. The click on profile and you will see about adding your avatar. As to where you get one, I went searching on the web for a pic I liked. and used it. I donno about animated avatar's here. I can't remember seeing one.

Donna
#34278 by kickkillerkallkonect
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:50 pm
Now, if I can just get the box around it to go away, and make it hover like it does on the avatar site page...that'd be pretty cool... :D
AND OH YEAH, I GOT ALL THIS OOMA TELO STUFF HOOKED UP INTO MY WIRELESS MODEM, LAPTOP, PRINTER... WITH THE TELO HANDSET ALL CHARGED UP, AND CRAP...OF COURSE, IT DOESN'T WORK...HAA! ;)
#34287 by southsound
Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:10 am
Sorry that your ooma is not working - but I have to humbly say that your avatar with its constant tumbling drives me nuts! If many of the others are like me (older eyes, etc.) you might find it prevents us from answering your posts or even doing any serious reading of them. Not to criticize, as I am sure some will think it is really great - but it is very distracting for some. :shock:
#34289 by murphy
Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 am
southsound wrote:Sorry that your ooma is not working - but I have to humbly say that your avatar with its constant tumbling drives me nuts! If many of the others are like me (older eyes, etc.) you might find it prevents us from answering your posts or even doing any serious reading of them. Not to criticize, as I am sure some will think it is really great - but it is very distracting for some. :shock:

I agree. That is extremely annoying.
I also ignore posts where whole sentences are in caps.
#34303 by oldanbo
Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:41 am
ditto, hard on eyes and makes me nervous for some reason. Maybe if it has to spin it you could slow it down? A lot :!:
#34430 by Lee
Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 pm
Count me in as one of those who do NOT like that moving avatar.
#34893 by hpepper
Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:46 pm
Agreed here too - The moving avatar is annoying - and so is loud music.

I suppose I just gave away my age!!! :D