Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#34209 by southsound
Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 pm
I have that now because I use Google Voice as a front end to my ooma. I also have all of the other GV features, including easily configurable call forwarding, call anouncing (if I choose) using my contact list and the option to have the caller record their name, and more. To me, it is the perfect addition to my ooma systems. Transcription is not always perfect - in fact, it often serves as quite an amusement - but since it also saves the audio on their servers, I can go back and hear it if I need to.
#34350 by MWPollard
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 am
Since we've already subscribed to an Ooma phone number, it would be nice to get Google Voice-like features without having to change to yet another number. I, like Costanzo, want to get transcriptions of calls made to my Ooma number, not only my GV number.

We are supposed to get Google Voice Extensions at some point, but it's been nearly a year since these were promised, with recent no updates or news.
#34353 by costanzo98031
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:56 am
southsound wrote:I have that now because I use Google Voice as a front end to my ooma.

I too am using GV and love it; however, I don't wish to use it as a front end for my home phone. I currently use GV for my work cell phone to help direct calls to me.

It seems logical that this would be a feature added to the suite of cool premier features sometime down the road.