Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33901 by hteinlin
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 pm
Hey just got Ooma today and I'll tell you right off I'm already impressed. I was pretty geeked about reading it before my order arrived, so actually getting to play with it confirms it.

But my only thing is right now I can get the $99 premier til the end of the year, but I think that should be a permanent price.

Normally companies provide a full prepayment option to save people money.
If the price is going to go to $120 a year anyways, whats the point of even prepaying it? Might as well go monthly at $10 a month.

So I think Ooma should maintain the $99/yr payment option and keep the $10/mo option for those that don't want to prepay. This will give the customer base an incentive to buy yearly in advance as well. Win win situation for the customer and Ooma IMO.
#33906 by southsound
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 pm
I think the offer of a free Telo handset or a free number port with annual Premier is quite a nice reason to purchase the 12 month version of the service. :cool:
#33915 by hutbay
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 am
Well I bought the first year premier because it came with the free porting, however after the first year there is no reason to prepay. The pre-pay doesn't make sense unless you don't want to be bothered with paying every month. I agree, ooma should consider giving discount for prepay.... $99 plus the interest or get $10 a month plus interest? ie. time value of money.