Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33727 by tesla2
Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:23 pm
I am very disappointed because I really wanted this to work out. The Telo handset range is pretty poor. My house is about 4000 sq ft and the walls are lath and plaster. When walking around the house with the Telo handset, speech begins to get garbled, both caller and receiver, when about 25-30 feet from the Telo base. I am running the latest software/firmware.

I have a Panasonic 5.8 ghz phone which reaches all through the house, yard and halfway down the block. I thought DECT 6 was supposed to be the latest and greatest.

If the Telo handset is within 20 feet of the base, it performs perfectly. Reluctantly, I'll be returning the base and handset. Since I really do need 2 lines, keeping the Telo base and plugging the Panasonic cordless into it is not an option.
#33774 by fastlane01
Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am
I am on the edge of the same.

Anyone know why Telo didn't come with two out jacks or even multi-line single jack? Seems like it would save Telo for me unless a software update fixes the range - and makes the full set of 4 handsets possible.
#33777 by bryanlyle
Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 am
I have the same problem. The range on the handsets is inadequate for my house. I've had to go back to using my Panasonic DECT system until I can centrally locate my Telo. Once I do that (hopefully this weekend), I'll give the handset another try.
#33789 by MikeekiM
Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 am
tesla2 wrote:I am very disappointed because I really wanted this to work out. The Telo handset range is pretty poor. My house is about 4000 sq ft and the walls are lath and plaster. When walking around the house with the Telo handset, speech begins to get garbled, both caller and receiver, when about 25-30 feet from the Telo base. I am running the latest software/firmware.

I have a Panasonic 5.8 ghz phone which reaches all through the house, yard and halfway down the block. I thought DECT 6 was supposed to be the latest and greatest.

If the Telo handset is within 20 feet of the base, it performs perfectly. Reluctantly, I'll be returning the base and handset. Since I really do need 2 lines, keeping the Telo base and plugging the Panasonic cordless into it is not an option.

I am assuming you are returning the Ooma base/handset, not the Panasonic base/handset, correct?

If so, you might want to try what I have done... Go with the Hub/Scout model, and get a two line cordless phone (I am using the AT&T 2462)...then feed line1 with the hub, and feed line with the scout... Works well for me...