Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33675 by aldousxml
Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm
First off I would like to say that I do not work for ooma or any Company doing business with ooma.

With that said, I think ooma is a service worth supporting. All companies require sales growth to continue to refine their product and at the very least stay in business.

If you like the service, I highly recommend you recommend the service to your friends and family. The holiday's are right around the corner. I think ooma would make a perfect gift for someone on your list.

You have probably already invested in the ooma hardware and maybe even signed up for the premium service (I did). The best way to get the most out of this system is to help them stick around.
#33708 by Dennis P
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:44 pm
Thanks for your support! We are rolling out a new referral program next week. Stay tuned.
#33712 by nrs
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:57 pm
I have planned for telo and handset as gift to one of my family member. Hope the handset isues will be ironed out before that.
#33717 by allo
Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:14 pm
nrs wrote:I have planned for telo and handset as gift to one of my family member. Hope the handset isues will be ironed out before that.

I had the same idea... but I think I will wait a little to see how this Telo/handset thing turns out!
I wish the people running ooma stop rushing products to the "stores", before it is ready/ without proper testings!
#33794 by aldousxml
Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:50 am
When running a business, it is an easy decision to try to build cash flow as fast as possible. This strategy alone could cause products to be placed in the market before their time. The long view is harder and in an order of magnitude, if you business is new or if your business plan includes disruptive technologies.

We need to give them time. They stated that they will be coming out with a referral program next week. As their customer base grows and they are able to build out their Business Plan, I believe ooma will be able to do just what you are asking. We need to just give them some time.

I am a self confessed technology junky and faster is most of the time, the way I like. Even if that means lots of bug fixes. They should not try to make people like me happy at the expense of their long term future.

ooma is trying to replace a product that has been traditionally very stable. I have alway just lifted up my phone and it worked. It's not like using Windows and knowing it's going to crash once and a while, so I have to save a lot.
#33824 by fastlane01
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 am
Well, after getting the Telo Handset and my Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless working and for the first time being able to use BOTH lines at once, I have to say, I am sold already - and that after having some difficulty in the first few days of the handset being available.

I am about to call support and have them close my tickets.

SO, that said, I am now giving my old Hub to my mother in law so they can cancel AT&T service and port their number. They will probably just sign up for the $59.99 activation and a number port, but it's another new account for Ooma!

I can't wait to get all 3 of my handsets working!

Keep it up, Ooma! Every time I hit snags you figure it out and call quality is stellar.
#33826 by nrs
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 am
aldousxml wrote:We need to give them time. They stated that they will be coming out with a referral program next week. As their customer base grows and they are able to build out their Business Plan, I believe ooma will be able to do just what you are asking. We need to just give them some time.

Agreed and there is no doubt about that. I have full confidence in Ooma team like Dennis, Bobby and others. Lets give them a high five.
#33917 by hutbay
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 am
I agree. Give them time to grow, sometimes companies grows too fast and end up stretching resources available to them causing quality degradation for current customers,loses customers and then fails to attract new ones. I'm sure ooma has a growth strategy which will allow them to add more customers and resources as it grows each year.
#33926 by allo
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 am
hutbay wrote:I agree. Give them time to grow, sometimes companies grows too fast and end up stretching resources available to them causing quality degradation for current customers,loses customers and then fails to attract new ones. I'm sure ooma has a growth strategy which will allow them to add more customers and resources as it grows each year.

I hope they grow, prosper, and keep a good and reliable service for years to come (for members benefit!)!
What I am afraid of is that the V.C. who are financing them until they can be profitable... are maybe causing them to hurry and grow up fast... that way they can cash in big and move on to other things.
Let's hope that is not the case... but it is a possibility that is not unheard of, with Venture Capital outlets!