Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#35178 by southsound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 am
byersthja wrote:
Tiger5353 wrote:Thanks for the idea of being patient byersthja but i sent google a request for an invite 12 weeks ago. Then 7 weeks ago and again 4 weeks ago so my patience's has ran out with them at this point. :)

I guess it's possible the invites are getting caught in a SPAM filter or having some other issue getting to your mailbox. That's an awfully long time to get no response.

I think byersthja has the right idea. If you use Outlook and have the junk mail filter turned on, they will definitely go to your junk folder. To avoid this, put Google Voice [voice-noreply@google.com] in your safe senders list.
#35190 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 am
I'm not sure if this makes any difference at all, but I have a google mail account. The first invite took some time, of course, but the second one I asked for came in 2 weeks. IMO I would get a gmail account just to make sure.

Wayne
#35211 by koala
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 am
I have a very early gmail account (from back when accounts were still by invite only...and invites were HARD to get!) I don't know if this factors in, but I requested an invite to Google Voice and got it within 2 days.

My girlfriend (who does not have an early account) requested one and got it within about a week.
#35222 by Tiger5353
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:05 pm
Thanks for all the ideas guys to answer the questions my first request 12 weeks ago was on my cox e-mail account. Then the one 7 weeks ago was on my gmail account and the one 4 weeks ago was on my yahoo account. No answer on any of them and the spam filters on all 3 accounts are inactive. Even went so far as to check the spam folders in each of the accounts, they were empty.

Thanks for all the suggestions though :)

Just to clarify. If i understand how this works each person that gets an invited in turn can invite 3 people themselves without having to go through google to get the invite. Thats what i was requesting with my first board message.
#35249 by allo
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 pm
Tiger5353 wrote:Thanks for all the ideas guys to answer the questions my first request 12 weeks ago was on my cox e-mail account. Then the one 7 weeks ago was on my gmail account and the one 4 weeks ago was on my yahoo account. No answer on any of them and the spam filters on all 3 accounts are inactive. Even went so far as to check the spam folders in each of the accounts, they were empty.

Thanks for all the suggestions though :)

Just to clarify. If i understand how this works each person that gets an invited in turn can invite 3 people themselves without having to go through google to get the invite. Thats what i was requesting with my first board message.

I don't think there are "Invites" to Google Voice... only to Google Mail; but then again one doesn't need an invite anymore for that!
I noticed though that one who has an old Gmail account gets a Google Voice within days, whereas a new Gmail account takes a lot longer!
#35251 by southsound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:12 pm
allo wrote: I don't think there are "Invites" to Google Voice... only to Google Mail; but then again one doesn't need an invite anymore for that!

Google Voice users get to invite 3 friends to Google Voice.

Tiger5353 - I've just sent you a PM to send me your email address. I'd be happy to send you one.
#35258 by allo
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 pm
southsound wrote:
allo wrote: I don't think there are "Invites" to Google Voice... only to Google Mail; but then again one doesn't need an invite anymore for that!

Google Voice users get to invite 3 friends to Google Voice...

That is very interesting... I don't have any "invites" showing in my Google Voice account.... It could be because I did not put any money in "Calling Credit Account"? mine shows $0.10 credit... I don't see why I should put any money in it, because I don't call any overseas country, and calls to US and Canada are free anyway!
But I have 100 "invites" in my Gmail !?
#35259 by southsound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm
You can see the invitations listed as Invite a Friend at the bottom left corner:

#35260 by costanzo98031
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 pm
southsound wrote:You can see the invitations listed as Invite a Friend at the bottom left corner:

FYI, Sending invites are not available to all Google Voice Users.

Here's the official link to sign up:
https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

I love Google voice! I am running it on my iPhone. The transcription service can be spotty at times. I really like the SMS feature. This will be a cool feature when added to Ooma's service.
#35261 by allo
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm
southsound wrote:You can see the invitations listed as Invite a Friend at the bottom left corner:

No there is not one " Invite a Friend" showing on mine... it is blank after the $0.10 credit