Include Vietnam with International Bundle

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
costanzo98031

Include Vietnam with International Bundle

Post by costanzo98031 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Suggestion - Include Vietnam with International Bundle or lower calling rate to .10 /Minute

hutbay

Re: Include Vietnam with International Bundle

Post by hutbay » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:36 am

Where is the list,I can't find the list of countries included in the International bundle?

nevermind found it: https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/intl_bundle
Last edited by hutbay on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 am

Hello,

Yes, Vietnam is not part of the bundle. I will pass on your request to our product team
for future consideration.

Thanks

aldousxml

Post by aldousxml » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Vietnam would be helpful for me also. My wife is Vietnamese and she now buys calling cards to call Vietnam for $.10 a minute. If you could match the price, I think you would have quite the following from the Vietnamese community.

allo

Post by allo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 pm

costanzo98031 wrote:Suggestion - Include Vietnam with International Bundle or lower calling rate to .10 /Minute
Very unlikely... because of the termination fee imposed independently by each country!
If one looks at the rates for each country, one notices that poor/third world countries have the most expensive rates like Vietnam : $ 0.219, which is average compared to say Zaire: $ 2.275, which is 10times the rate of Vietnam, which in turn is 10 times the rate for W. Europe!
It has a lot to do with the Govt. of each country, specially if it is not a Free Market Economy!
It is another way of raising "more revenues"! But they forget one little thing though: People don't call as much as when prices are low... which defeats the idea/purpose of raising more revenues for the state.
In conclusion, it gives an idea of how smart the people running those non-democratic countries are!

tommies

Post by tommies » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers. esp. call to CAN is free. to AUS 3cent/min. It's very tempting for me...

My wife spends around $10-$20 a month on calls to Vietnam too, the rate is less than 5cent/min. using some pinless prepaid(some call it dial around)

If ooma lower the rate to Vietnam to under 10cent, it sure will creat more traffic for more revenue. Just can't beat the convenient of direct dial.
tommies

tommies

Post by tommies » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 pm

hutbay wrote:Where is the list,I can't find the list of countries included in the International bundle?

nevermind found it: https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/intl_bundle
It should be on the knowledgebase, not bury deep in my.ooma and require to log in to see.

Here
https://www.ooma.com/premier/international-bundle
tommies

arkumar15

Post by arkumar15 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 am

It was good that ooma introduced the international bundle plan. But it is very sad that it is limited to premier customers now. I would suggest ooma to consider to include all the ooma owners and not just premier customers.

costanzo98031

Post by costanzo98031 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 am

tommies wrote:Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers.
How's the sound quality of GV while calling Vietnam? Do you find calls getting dropped? I haven't tried their service for international calls yet and was wondering.

tommies

Post by tommies » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm

costanzo98031 wrote:
tommies wrote:Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers.
How's the sound quality of GV while calling Vietnam? Do you find calls getting dropped? I haven't tried their service for international calls yet and was wondering.
I have not try to call to Vietnam just yet, but the call to Canada is good and free. I'm planning to have a conference call to CAN, AUS, and Vietname as well, but I'm still busy and continue to push it back.

Currently, my wife uses V24.7 and Lunex Telecom, the rate is even better at less than $.05/min. Call quality is acceptable and occasionally drop call.
tommies