Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33668 by aldousxml
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 pm
Vietnam would be helpful for me also. My wife is Vietnamese and she now buys calling cards to call Vietnam for $.10 a minute. If you could match the price, I think you would have quite the following from the Vietnamese community.
#33714 by allo
Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 pm
costanzo98031 wrote:Suggestion - Include Vietnam with International Bundle or lower calling rate to .10 /Minute

Very unlikely... because of the termination fee imposed independently by each country!
If one looks at the rates for each country, one notices that poor/third world countries have the most expensive rates like Vietnam : $ 0.219, which is average compared to say Zaire: $ 2.275, which is 10times the rate of Vietnam, which in turn is 10 times the rate for W. Europe!
It has a lot to do with the Govt. of each country, specially if it is not a Free Market Economy!
It is another way of raising "more revenues"! But they forget one little thing though: People don't call as much as when prices are low... which defeats the idea/purpose of raising more revenues for the state.
In conclusion, it gives an idea of how smart the people running those non-democratic countries are!
#33725 by tommies
Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:07 pm
Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers. esp. call to CAN is free. to AUS 3cent/min. It's very tempting for me...

My wife spends around $10-$20 a month on calls to Vietnam too, the rate is less than 5cent/min. using some pinless prepaid(some call it dial around)

If ooma lower the rate to Vietnam to under 10cent, it sure will creat more traffic for more revenue. Just can't beat the convenient of direct dial.
#33916 by arkumar15
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 am
It was good that ooma introduced the international bundle plan. But it is very sad that it is limited to premier customers now. I would suggest ooma to consider to include all the ooma owners and not just premier customers.
#34358 by costanzo98031
Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 am
tommies wrote:Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers.

How's the sound quality of GV while calling Vietnam? Do you find calls getting dropped? I haven't tried their service for international calls yet and was wondering.
#34456 by tommies
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm
costanzo98031 wrote:
tommies wrote:Google Voice has the rate to Vietnam at 9cent/min, which is very good and the ability to conference up to 4 numbers.

How's the sound quality of GV while calling Vietnam? Do you find calls getting dropped? I haven't tried their service for international calls yet and was wondering.

I have not try to call to Vietnam just yet, but the call to Canada is good and free. I'm planning to have a conference call to CAN, AUS, and Vietname as well, but I'm still busy and continue to push it back.

Currently, my wife uses V24.7 and Lunex Telecom, the rate is even better at less than $.05/min. Call quality is acceptable and occasionally drop call.