Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33505 by doctorjones2
Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:45 am
As far as I know, ooma does not have the ability to hear touch-tones IN. It can do out, thank goodness, but not in.

Why? Because I use Parliant Phonevalet, and have different mailboxes for 5 people, with the ability to forward calls and email calls with this great software. I don't use ooma voice mail (except as a backup).

This is also a problem for people who want to use their existing answering machine and dial in from on the road to listen to their messages and need to key in a security code, which ooma can not hear.

In my testing I only hear a chopped off blip, and thus makes touch tones in impossible. I'm not sure why this is so, unless I am missing something.

In the meantime, I have to multiring to a MagicJack, which CAN hear touch tones in into my Mac for Phonevalet in order to use it's versatility and power.

Any news on if and when this would be around? And does the Telo have this ability? I have the Hub. Thanks!

Paul