Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#33313 by fareal
Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:38 pm
I'd like to suggest a new feature for Ooma Premier.

The ability to change your 411 preference in "My Ooma".

Perhaps a drop down list including:
411 (99 cents per call)
1-800-GOOG411 (FREE)
1-800-FREE411 (FREE)
#33314 by allo
Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 pm
fareal wrote:I'd like to suggest a new feature for Ooma Premier.

The ability to change your 411 preference in "My Ooma".

Perhaps a drop down list including:
411 (99 cents per call)
1-800-GOOG411 (FREE)
1-800-FREE411 (FREE)


I don't think it is in their best interest... because I am sure they get a pretty good percentage of the 99cents per call!
#33372 by southsound
Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 pm
fareal wrote:I'd like to suggest a new feature for Ooma Premier.

The ability to change your 411 preference in "My Ooma".

Perhaps a drop down list including:
411 (99 cents per call)
1-800-GOOG411 (FREE)
1-800-FREE411 (FREE)

Have you acrtually tried using either of the free services? GOOG411 is for businesses only and lists a lot of totally useless suggestions when you try to get a number. FREE411 does businesses or residences but during the time it took to get a number I heard two commercials and went throu a list of 8 suggestions. I could have had lunch, a nap, and been hungry enough for dinner before being able to make my call. :shock:

My time is worth a tad more than their "free" service. My first choice, the good old phone book. If I don't have one for the city where the number is located, my computer does the walking for me. I personally will never use either of those two services.
#33630 by BlueHeeler
Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:04 am
I use GOOG 411 all the time. Yes, it's only for businesses, but most of the time when I need to look up a number, it's a business. I will give my vote for this option. This definitely seems to be a great GVE addition and should be packaged with Premier.
#33673 by bw1
Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm
southsound wrote:GOOG411 is for businesses only and lists a lot of totally useless suggestions when you try to get a number.


The couple of times I've used it, it worked great for me. But at home, I usually just look up a number on the Internet.
#33716 by southsound
Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:07 pm
bw1 wrote:
southsound wrote:GOOG411 is for businesses only and lists a lot of totally useless suggestions when you try to get a number.


The couple of times I've used it, it worked great for me. But at home, I usually just look up a number on the Internet.

The value of GOOG411 might be tied to the business density of an area. When you are in a small area like Shelton, WA, (our nearest town) asking for a hardware store will bring you such things as Green Diamond Resources and Manke Lumber - two of our local raw timber companies. Neither sells hardware but each grows and sells huge quantities of trees! I would guess that in a larger metropolitan area you would be offered a much better selection of actual hardware stores. Same would be true for other businesses. One minor inconvenience of living in paradise! :P

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests