Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#32824 by tommies
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:05 pm
You might want to PM some of the ooma moderator on this board and ask for a replacement. I believe some folk had done that.
#32948 by Obama
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm
I called the tech support number and they say to return the unit. There is nothing they can do because it's a design flaw. Just like no DTMF.
#32949 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Obama wrote:I called the tech support number and they say to return the unit. There is nothing they can do because it's a design flaw. Just like no DTMF.

I have a Telo and my power supply fits perfect. Return the unit and get another. OR
Try Private Emailing an ooma moderator and maybe they can help. Either way, it is not a design flaw, just a bad power supply.

Wayne
#32951 by Bobby B
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:03 pm
Wow, whoever you spoke with is completely wrong - if you remember the person you spoke with, please send me an e-mail.

In the meantime, please follow the instructions on this sticky post for obtaining a new power adapter, if it's loose fitting (I've made it a sticky thread):
Power Adapter Replacement

Obama wrote:I called the tech support number and they say to return the unit. There is nothing they can do because it's a design flaw. Just like no DTMF.
#32952 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:18 pm
WayneDsr wrote:

I have a Telo and my power supply fits perfect. Return the unit and get another. OR
Try Private Emailing an ooma moderator and maybe they can help. Either way, it is not a design flaw, just a bad power supply.

Wayne

Also, the DTMF issue will eventually be enabled with the Telo. Once again, not a design flaw, just a new product glitch.

Wayne
#32960 by Obama
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm
Ok Wayne, It has been awhile now concerning DTMF. I am going to hold you responsible for them getting DTMF working.
Bobby, thanks for the link. Will try to replace the adapter and see if it will work. Still got another 12 month to go before breaking even on this investment.
#32968 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:37 pm
Obama wrote:Ok Wayne, It has been awhile now concerning DTMF. I am going to hold you responsible for them getting DTMF working.

Wayne is a very knowledgeable & helpful customer, not an Ooma employee. So holding him responsible for DTMF is kind of like holding you responsible for the economy (hey, wait a minute :o ).
#32973 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:09 pm
Groundhound wrote:
Obama wrote:Ok Wayne, It has been awhile now concerning DTMF. I am going to hold you responsible for them getting DTMF working.

Wayne is a very knowledgeable & helpful customer, not an Ooma employee. So holding him responsible for DTMF is kind of like holding you responsible for the economy (hey, wait a minute :o ).

HA! :D Good one!

Wayne