Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#32387 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 am
daet wrote:
VicMatson wrote:Thanks, are you affiliated with Ooma or can you provide a link that suggest that it dose?

Only affiliated as a satisfied customer. The Ooma Premier feature you are interested in is called "Back-up Number".

A complete list of Ooma Premier features is available here.

Just to be clear Vonage calls it " Network Availability Number:" and as a courier I'm out often and need to know that customers that don't have my(ever changing) cell number can reach me. My income depends on it.

The Back-up Number feature of Ooma Premier is conceptually the same as Vonage's "Network Availability Number".

DG
Great, thanks! If you want a Google Voice invite, or a Google Wave invite email me.

Now all I need is "Google Voice Extensions (GVE) " to be active, but that's not a deal breaker so as soon as the Ooma handset is available I'll get Ooma.
#32394 by Groundhound
Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:12 am
Here is a screenshot of the Call Forwarding page for Premier, which includes Call Forwarding on Network Outage:

CallForwarding.jpg
CallForwarding.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
#32413 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 am
Groundhound wrote:Here is a screenshot of the Call Forwarding page for Premier, which includes Call Forwarding on Network Outage:

CallForwarding.jpg
So it looks like I can do call forwarding on network outage and concurrent ringing?

I just talked with Ooma CS and forgot to ask if I can do both.

Btw, the handset will be out on Thursday and the Google Voice extension(I think that's what it's called) will follow sometime in January 2010.
#32416 by Groundhound
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:44 am
Multi ring would be in place of CFNO. But the net effect is the same, when your network is down only the call-forwarded phone is going to ring.
#32419 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 am
Groundhound wrote:Multi ring would be in place of CFNO. But the net effect is the same, when your network is down only the call-forwarded phone is going to ring.
CFNO? I need to have concurrent ringing on normally, but in case of network outage I need my call to go to my cell phone without any intervention by me, I won't be home during the day.
#32420 by Groundhound
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:55 am
VicMatson wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Multi ring would be in place of CFNO. But the net effect is the same, when your network is down only the call-forwarded phone is going to ring.
CFNO? I need to have concurrent ringing on normally, but in case of network outage I need my call to go to my cell phone without any intervention by me, I won't be home during the day.

CFNO= Call Forward Network Outage.

If you have multi-ring enabled to your cell and your network is up, both your cell and Ooma number will ring. If your network is down only your cell will ring.

If you have CFNO enabled with your cell as the backup number your cell will only ring if your network is down.

With both options, your cell rings when your network is down.
#32422 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 am
Groundhound wrote:
VicMatson wrote:

CFNO= Call Forward Network Outage.

If you have multi-ring enabled to your cell and your network is up, both your cell and Ooma number will ring. If your network is down only your cell will ring.

If you have CFNO enabled with your cell as the backup number your cell will only ring if your network is down.

With both options, your cell rings when your network is down.
Thanks, sorry for the trouble, but I have a handle on it now. I'm going to buy Thursday.