Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#32113 by hutbay
Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:57 pm
I think Call forward on network outage is something which should be basic to any VOIP provider given so many variability in the service from Ooma servers, ISP or power being down.

Vonage has this feature which is free and I think it will attract lots of other customers.

What are your thoughts on this?
#32126 by murphy
Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 am
Vonage costs at least $33 per month.
There is no way that service could be considered to be free.
#32213 by hutbay
Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:28 pm
Yes, I agree, I didn't mean free. I was wondering if people would sign up if they had a piece of mind that when network/isp/power go down, they won't miss calls. I guess you can always buy the premier if you want the piece of mind :-)
#32221 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 pm
hutbay wrote: I guess you can always buy the premier if you want the piece of mind :-)

Which after the first year is much cheaper than Vonage. For those that don't buy Premier, the calls received on network outage just go to voice mail.
#32320 by scoutconnor
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 pm
I personally think this is an essential feature that everyone should have but I guess Ooma thinks otherwise...
Although I can't complain about the price for the service!
Last edited by scoutconnor on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#32339 by southsound
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 pm
scoutconnor wrote: yodillyville222=10%off Dillyeo.com

Huh?? :P
#32373 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:35 am
If anyone from Ooma is monitoring this thread, this feature is what keeps many from moving to Ooma. I realize it's not important to many, but I think you'll find people are willing to pay for it. I would! Even worse I can't use Ooma without it and I was looking forward to buying!
#32375 by daet
Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 am
VicMatson wrote:If anyone from Ooma is monitoring this thread, this feature is what keeps many from moving to Ooma. I realize it's not important to many, but I think you'll find people are willing to pay for it. I would! Even worse I can't use Ooma without it and I was looking forward to buying!

Hi VicMatson - Welcome to the Ooma forums.

Call forwarding with network outage is available with Ooma Premier. Premier is $120 a year, which is still a great deal compared to Vonage or most other VoIP vendors. 60 days of Premier are included with your Ooma purchase.

DG
#32383 by VicMatson
Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:55 am
daet wrote:
VicMatson wrote:If anyone from Ooma is monitoring this thread, this feature is what keeps many from moving to Ooma. I realize it's not important to many, but I think you'll find people are willing to pay for it. I would! Even worse I can't use Ooma without it and I was looking forward to buying!

Hi VicMatson - Welcome to the Ooma forums.

Call forwarding with network outage is available with Ooma Premier. Premier is $120 a year, which is still a great deal compared to Vonage or most other VoIP vendors. 60 days of Premier are included with your Ooma purchase.

DG
Thanks, are you affiliated with Ooma or can you provide a link that suggest that it dose? No offence to the other posters, but it wasn't looking good.

Just to be clear Vonage calls it " Network Availability Number:" and as a courier I'm out often and need to know that customers that don't have my(ever changing) cell number can reach me. My income depends on it.
#32386 by daet
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 am
VicMatson wrote:Thanks, are you affiliated with Ooma or can you provide a link that suggest that it dose?

Only affiliated as a satisfied customer. The Ooma Premier feature you are interested in is called "Back-up Number".

A complete list of Ooma Premier features is available here.

Just to be clear Vonage calls it " Network Availability Number:" and as a courier I'm out often and need to know that customers that don't have my(ever changing) cell number can reach me. My income depends on it.

The Back-up Number feature of Ooma Premier is conceptually the same as Vonage's "Network Availability Number".

DG