Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#31648 by robtcody
Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:00 am
Assuming I don't need my phone number ported or the Telo handset, why would I pay $119.99/yr for Premier when I can pay $9.99/month (which is 11 cents cheaper than the annual price)? AND I don't risk loosing $120 if Ooma shoud go out of business? I suppose there may be price protection, but we saw that fail when Ooma went from $100/yr to $120 and they allowed everyone a few months to buy into premier. The pricing scheme doesnt' make any sense to me as there is no significant discount to pay in advance, but rather an 11 cent penality.
#31657 by allo
Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 am
robtcody wrote:Assuming I don't need my phone number ported or the Telo handset, why would I pay $119.99/yr for Premier when I can pay $9.99/month (which is 11 cents cheaper than the annual price)? AND I don't risk loosing $120 if Ooma shoud go out of business? I suppose there may be price protection, but we saw that fail when Ooma went from $100/yr to $120 and they allowed everyone a few months to buy into premier. The pricing scheme doesn't' make any sense to me as there is no significant discount to pay in advance, but rather an 11 cent penalty.

Yes I agree with you here...
They should take into account those who neither want a Telo handset or a number port...
It would make sense to give those a discount of $25-$30...or prepaid international calls.
Or drop the handset/port all together... and give a discount of $10 for annual advance payment ( I get a10%-11% when I prepay my car and home insurance ... or my real estate taxes (5%)!
Just in case they need some ideas!
#31664 by robtcody
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 pm
5% off on pre-pay for real estate taxes?!? Obviously you ain't from CA where last week they raised the withholding on CA payroll taxes (without actually raising the income tax). All the CA people can do is ad another exemption on their W4.