Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#31451 by sqageek
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:54 pm
I was having issues with my slingbox and it quit working, once I installed ooma telo. But I reconfigured my setup to Comcast modem/router to Netgear Wireless box, the ooma telco is now connected to the wireless box, instead of direclty to the Comcast modem/router. I was reading about going to http://setup.ooma.com and I could do some more configurations, but after I included a Service Name in the ooma box I was no longer able to access the site. Service Name in ooma is optional and I added OOMA Telco, so that my wireless setup would show the name as OOMA Telco under attached devices. I can no longer access http://setup.ooma.com. Can someone help me access this site, so that I may access my ooma telco box. Also, do I have my configuration setup right or will the voice quality not be as good, if I connected ooma telco directly to my Comcast modem/router? I also started using 55065 as my port for Slingbox,instead of recommended 5002 or 5001, because I was getting conflicts, when I installed my ooma telco. Now my slingbox is working fine, but still oncerned about voice quality with the current setup. Thank you for your help.
#32524 by inrame
Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 pm
you can access it a couple of ways since it is after your router.

(1) connect a laptop or other computer directly to the Telo and then the setup.ooma.com should work.

(2) assuming you have the Telo setup with an IP on your network, you can access it via another computer on your network by typing the Telo's IP address. You might have to "hunt" around for the ip if it is dynamically assigned, but your router probably has a listing of all connected devices that the Telo should be one, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

as for your voice quality. when you move the Telo from before the router, to after the router, the voice quality will largely be dependent on how you set the QoS settings on your router. my suggestion would be to set the Telo up with a static IP and set the QoS settings on your router to give it the highest priority. do you actually have a quality problem? test with a call made when your sling box is transferring a lot of data.
#32531 by tommies
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 pm
inrame wrote:you can access it a couple of ways since it is after your router.

(1) connect a laptop or other computer directly to the Telo and then the setup.ooma.com should work.

(2) assuming you have the Telo setup with an IP on your network, you can access it via another computer on your network by typing the Telo's IP address. You might have to "hunt" around for the ip if it is dynamically assigned, but your router probably has a listing of all connected devices that the Telo should be one, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

as for your voice quality. when you move the Telo from before the router, to after the router, the voice quality will largely be dependent on how you set the QoS settings on your router. my suggestion would be to set the Telo up with a static IP and set the QoS settings on your router to give it the highest priority. do you actually have a quality problem? test with a call made when your sling box is transferring a lot of data.

You have to temporary do (1) and then copy the HOME port ip address into the hub DMZ for (2) to work.

If possible, assign a static ip/reserved ip for your ooma in the router so you don't have to hunt for it.