Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#31361 by whn
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm
There was and is no mention of a 128 phone number block on your TOS.

I suggest you either add it to the TOS that there is a 128 number limit .

This was disapointing to find out there is such a limit.

Can you raise the limit to 256 or more?
#31378 by jmassimilla
Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm
I've never had this much capability on any phone service I've previously used that offered the service. I had it with Verizon and they only offered 10 and then dropped the feature all together. Voicewing offered 20 and Vonage offered 99. With the exception of Verizon, none of the others specified their limits either.
#31381 by whn
Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 pm
jmassimilla wrote:I've never had this much capability on any phone service I've previously used that offered the service. I had it with Verizon and they only offered 10 and then dropped the feature all together. Voicewing offered 20 and Vonage offered 99. With the exception of Verizon, none of the others specified their limits either.

I think blacklist is amazing, Im not complaining, Im stating since they advertise a Blocklist feature, without a passage that there is a 128 limit , then people can mistake that for unlimited and this can lead to confusion and possible lawsuit by a competitor masking as an OOMA consumer (you see that a lot these days in other markets like the endless lawsuits against RedBox, some people say are coming from the studios and Blockbuster masking them through " regular Redbox customers")

Trust me, Im just looking out for OOMA and offering suggestion to them so they don't get sued for a loose TOS they have.

There is too much competition and telemarketers wanting OOMA to get rid of Blacklists.

Anyhow, I sure hope it gets raised to at least 256 or more.

I know 128 is binary code, but I wonder why there is a limit of 128, does it use up alot of resources or does it costs OOMA money for each blocked number?

Anyhow, don't mistake my original post as a knock of OOMA's amazing blacklist feature.
#31391 by jmassimilla
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 pm
No knocking assumed. I understand what you're saying. It is a difficult age we live in, a lot of treachery out there. I had often wondered why Verizon had dropped the service. It was a paid feature, they certainly weren't offering it for nothing.
#31438 by whn
Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:55 pm
jmassimilla wrote:No knocking assumed. I understand what you're saying. It is a difficult age we live in, a lot of treachery out there. I had often wondered why Verizon had dropped the service. It was a paid feature, they certainly weren't offering it for nothing.

I personally think companies like Verizon get told by the DMA and other telemarketers to get rid of any blacklist features they have in place. I know they can easily provide a service if they wanted to.

Most of them are paid off in my opinion since they make more money accepting the bribes than it is to pass it as a consumer add on for $x a month or whatever it is to have a cell phone blacklist feature.

In my opinion, for say every 1 million subscribers on a wireless network, probably only 50,000 will sign up for any paid add-on service and it's easier to take the say 2-4 million pay off from companies like the DMA, telemarketers, collection agencies, etc. than offer an add on service that requires overhead, man hours, customer service, etc. that only rakes in very little.

Anyhow, There is currently a box in the market that supposedly blocks calls on home landlines, I wonder if this is the same technology OOMA is using, this box also had limits on # of numbers you can block.

Anyhow, Im still stuck on why it's at 128, I wonder if it costs per block number?