Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3322 by johnz8
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 pm
convertedFromVonage wrote:It would be a very good addition. I highly recommend it to you Ooma guys to add the softphone... Wont cost you much - plenty of open source softphones available - you probably have one already. That will close the gap the Ooma has with Vonage...

I want the softphone feature as well. If ooma implemented it they would capture the lions share of VOIP in short order.

On a business trip or vacation I would love to respond to my voice mail with my Notebook and also use it as my softphone while away. I sure hope the ooma marketing and engineering teams are working on this idea.
#3926 by blueheelercd
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:31 pm
convertedFromVonage wrote:It would be a very good addition. I highly recommend it to you Ooma guys to add the softphone... Wont cost you much - plenty of open source softphones available - you probably have one already. That will close the gap the Ooma has with Vonage...

does anyone know if ooma has a sip? i would really like a soft phone!
#3927 by blueheelercd
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:38 pm
AndrewScott wrote:A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?

have you gotten any answers about getting SIP settings?
did you contact ooma directly?
#14369 by ooma.cares
Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am
blueheelercd wrote:
AndrewScott wrote:A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?

OOMA can you please respond to this request? Is there a plan to release SIP settings? It would be great if you could make it part of OOMA premier, so we can use our SIP enabled phones to make free calls. Thanks!
#14370 by Aveamantium
Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:14 am
ooma.cares wrote:
blueheelercd wrote:

OOMA can you please respond to this request? Is there a plan to release SIP settings? It would be great if you could make it part of OOMA premier, so we can use our SIP enabled phones to make free calls. Thanks!

See this topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1968&view=previous
#19889 by morte
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm
I would like to see a softphone option so I could use it from somewhere other than my house..
#20408 by southsound
Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 pm
MWPollard wrote:Or a WinMo app, or an Android app. One which ideally would have the cellphone outbound calls seem to come from the ooma number.

(Oh, wait... Google Voice does that on Android...)

And very soon, ooma will be offering Premier Extensions for Google Voice that will provide a great integration between the two awesome services. I've been using GV as a front end for my ooma for some time now and am excited about the new functionality that was described by Dennis P in the ooma blog.