softphone

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
johnz8
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: softphone

Post by johnz8 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 pm

convertedFromVonage wrote:It would be a very good addition. I highly recommend it to you Ooma guys to add the softphone... Wont cost you much - plenty of open source softphones available - you probably have one already. That will close the gap the Ooma has with Vonage...

I want the softphone feature as well. If ooma implemented it they would capture the lions share of VOIP in short order.

On a business trip or vacation I would love to respond to my voice mail with my Notebook and also use it as my softphone while away. I sure hope the ooma marketing and engineering teams are working on this idea.
Who ever dies with the most toys wins.

blueheelercd
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: softphone

Post by blueheelercd » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:31 pm

convertedFromVonage wrote:It would be a very good addition. I highly recommend it to you Ooma guys to add the softphone... Wont cost you much - plenty of open source softphones available - you probably have one already. That will close the gap the Ooma has with Vonage...
does anyone know if ooma has a sip? i would really like a soft phone!

blueheelercd
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: softphone

Post by blueheelercd » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:38 pm

AndrewScott wrote:A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?
have you gotten any answers about getting SIP settings?
did you contact ooma directly?

ooma.cares
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: softphone

Post by ooma.cares » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

blueheelercd wrote:
AndrewScott wrote:A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?
have you gotten any answers about getting SIP settings?
did you contact ooma directly?
OOMA can you please respond to this request? Is there a plan to release SIP settings? It would be great if you could make it part of OOMA premier, so we can use our SIP enabled phones to make free calls. Thanks!

User avatar
Aveamantium
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Loveland, Colorado

Re: softphone

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:14 am

ooma.cares wrote:
blueheelercd wrote:
AndrewScott wrote:A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?
have you gotten any answers about getting SIP settings?
did you contact ooma directly?
OOMA can you please respond to this request? Is there a plan to release SIP settings? It would be great if you could make it part of OOMA premier, so we can use our SIP enabled phones to make free calls. Thanks!
See this topic http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... w=previous
Go AVS!

morte
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am

Re: softphone

Post by morte » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm

I would like to see a softphone option so I could use it from somewhere other than my house..

digitaltvguy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: softphone

Post by digitaltvguy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 pm

An iPhone app would be ideal.

MWPollard
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: Bristol VA
Contact:

Re: softphone

Post by MWPollard » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Or a WinMo app, or an Android app. One which ideally would have the cellphone outbound calls seem to come from the ooma number.

(Oh, wait... Google Voice does that on Android...)

User avatar
southsound
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Harstine Island, WA

Re: softphone

Post by southsound » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 pm

MWPollard wrote:Or a WinMo app, or an Android app. One which ideally would have the cellphone outbound calls seem to come from the ooma number.

(Oh, wait... Google Voice does that on Android...)
And very soon, ooma will be offering Premier Extensions for Google Voice that will provide a great integration between the two awesome services. I've been using GV as a front end for my ooma for some time now and am excited about the new functionality that was described by Dennis P in the ooma blog.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Post Reply