Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1688 by cmeisel
Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:35 am
I had Ooma for 2 years now and I have been very happy with the service. However, I travel frequently and I miss not having a softphone. The softphone support is the only reason to still have a vonage second phone.
I would love to get rid of it and only use Ooma.
#1747 by thetaz01
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 am
I second that, A Softfone would be an awsome addition the the Ooma arsinal or features..
#1777 by pfloyd14
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm
Not to sound redundant but that would really add to the usefulness of the service. I would be more likely to use the service when I travel if I had a soft phone
#1819 by brwilliams
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm
I agree. Offering a softphone would be a huge benefit...and how about video phone as well?
#1952 by rbuck
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:07 pm
and softphone means...what?
#2107 by 2-busy-2
Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:53 am
rbuck wrote:and softphone means...what?

I had the same question, so I looked it up on the Vonage site.

Apparently you can have the phone service through your laptop while you travel by downloading their software.

I'm not sure if your home phone rings as well as the laptop?? but sounds like a nice feature.
#2604 by AndrewScott
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm
A softphone would be great. IF we could get our SIP settings then we could use any available SIP desktop software and plugin our Ooma settings. Any chance of this?
#2606 by murphy
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 pm
2-busy-2 wrote:
rbuck wrote:and softphone means...what?

I had the same question, so I looked it up on the Vonage site.

Apparently you can have the phone service through your laptop while you travel by downloading their software.

I'm not sure if your home phone rings as well as the laptop?? but sounds like a nice feature.

Vonage's softphone has it's own phone number and costs an extra $9.99 per month.
#2858 by convertedFromVonage
Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:03 pm
It would be a very good addition. I highly recommend it to you Ooma guys to add the softphone... Wont cost you much - plenty of open source softphones available - you probably have one already. That will close the gap the Ooma has with Vonage...
#2912 by ooma.cares
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 pm
Softphone with SIP settings, I would love it. I could then use my Nokia e71 to make and receive OOMA calls. Would be a great convenience.