Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1954 by rbuck
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:08 pm
OMG YES!!! Losing my fax machine was one of the biggest barrier of entry to me. Im still torn about it. This is an area they really should consider.
#2463 by Falcon
Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:47 am
Definitely like the idea of e-Fax capability. I miss the ability to easily send faxes (like my Ooma port request ;) )

Good idea!
#11830 by daet
Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm
rbuck wrote:OMG YES!!! Losing my fax machine was one of the biggest barrier of entry to me. Im still torn about it. This is an area they really should consider.

Have you tried the workarounds suggested in these forums?
a) Set QOS=0
b) Use *99-pause-number

DG
#12039 by oomg
Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am
There are already several e-fax services available at $3 to $4 per month, and one that I know of which charges as little as $1 per month. Each includes a separate dedicated fax number. I tend to prefer having the systems separated and having ooma continue doing what it does best.
#12119 by frank1
Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 am
Faxing is not considered a growing strategic market. It is a declining market.

It probably makes business sense for Ooma to not get distracted from its core competency that it does so well - Providing great voip services and features.
#12137 by undrline
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:47 pm
While I'd be ecstatic to see this too (maybe in the uber-premier package), I'm not going to hold my breath. I have found some alternatives, though, that might interest people coming to this thread. I haven't tried any of them with ooma, yet.

FaxZero

• Outgoing only
  • Ad on the cover page
  • Fax 1 document—maximum 3 pages
  • Maximum 2 free faxes per day

Free POP Fax

• Outgoing only
  • Maximum 1 page

FreeSV

• Incoming only