Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#30567 by sqageek
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:53 pm
I just bought ooma telco today, so far so good. The best feature of this system is that I do not have to leave my 250 watt per hour desktop on all the time, now I just have a 7 watt ooma telco device. That convinced me to shell out $270.00 (includes tax). BUT, I am disappointed in other ways: Magic Jack does not charge for: 411 automated opertor, call forwarding to another number, voicemail mesages sent to my email account, voice messages services (you allow this now in basic package - good for you). You guys, really need to compete with Magic Jack feature for feature, otherwise you will not get their customers - the electrical savings on wattsage is a great selling point, but other than that Magic Jack is still competitive. The sound quality is about the same (still going through the Internet via Comcast). The design of the device is cool, but bigger than the Magic Jack, but considering that is is also a a little computer on a chip - that makes omma way cooler than Magic jack. So far, these are my only complaints and I hope you reconside your feature set. Calling an automated operator is not much of a feature and right now I am using my Magic jack for 411 service - because it's FREE! ;) It is all about saving money! And I do not want to pay for Premiere services that may go up over the years and then you guys become another phone company and this is all about getting rid of the phone company. Thank you.
#30575 by sqageek
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:38 pm
Another feature that is missing with the ooma telco basic package is there is no voice greeting message capability. Magic Jack has this for free too! I can not leave a voice greeting. I have to bypass this by using my connected phone system to pick up and record the message before ooma telco does. Come on ooma, you guys can do better than this. Who has ever heard of a phone system that does not have a voice greeting capability. Now I am beggining to reconsider my purchase. Right now, I have a workaround.
#30581 by focuspuller
Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm
Who has ever heard of a phone system that does not have a voice greeting capability. Now I am beggining to reconsider my purchase.

If you would quit trying to find faults and read your instructions you would see that you can record your own greeting...

Start from square one READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!
#30586 by Groundhound
Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:25 pm
sqageek wrote: Calling an automated operator is not much of a feature and right now I am using my Magic jack for 411 service - because it's FREE! ;) It is all about saving money!

800-GOOG411 (800-466-4411), free. I have on my phone's speed dial for 1 button access.
#30592 by tommies
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Groundhound wrote:
sqageek wrote: Calling an automated operator is not much of a feature and right now I am using my Magic jack for 411 service - because it's FREE! ;) It is all about saving money!

800-GOOG411 (800-466-4411), free. I have on my phone's speed dial for 1 button access.

I only use 411 while on the road, and ATT charges me dearly for it. At home, yellowpages.com and maps.google.com work wonder for me. Oh, BTW, yellowpages.com and maps.google.com are NOT FREE. It cost me $30-$40 a month to use, I have to pay the ISP to have connection.

Ooma Moderators.

Please please reconsider you decision to open the forum for the public. If it needs to be, non-user should be restricted to one single forum, say 'For potential customer'

As it stands right now, a potential buyer looking at the forums cannot distinguish a read customer with a legitimate grip from a troll, who only purpose is create a bad PR for ooma.
#30737 by c_koby
Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:46 pm
tommies wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

I only use 411 while on the road, and ATT charges me dearly for it. At home, yellowpages.com and maps.google.com work wonder for me. Oh, BTW, yellowpages.com and maps.google.com are NOT FREE. It cost me $30-$40 a month to use, I have to pay the ISP to have connection.

Ooma Moderators.

Please please reconsider you decision to open the forum for the public. If it needs to be, non-user should be restricted to one single forum, say 'For potential customer'

As it stands right now, a potential buyer looking at the forums cannot distinguish a read customer with a legitimate grip from a troll, who only purpose is create a bad PR for ooma.

We have now lost some valuable forum contributors because of this open forum "test". It is time to revert back, and limit non-registered users to limited access as described above. Otherwise, more contributors will get tired of defending OOMA rather than answering legitimate questions and problems, and fade away as others are now doing.
#30810 by ydnar723
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 pm
Groundhound wrote:

Same here, if I need 411 GOOG411 is who I call.
#32528 by inrame
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm
sqageek wrote:You guys, really need to compete with Magic Jack feature for feature, otherwise you will not get their customers

interesting point, but i disagree. i don't think magic jack and ooma are not at all in the same marketspace. yeah, they both offer voip, but in general i don't think they will compete for the same consumers. ooma is a true phone replacement. magic jack is a low cost provider.