Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#29801 by mezzy316
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 am
AT&T does not have contracts for their phone service. The only contracts they have are for DSL (which you do not have) and the DirectTV/DISH. Once you disconnect the AT&T service, you should then start getting a separate bill from your satellite provider, so you shouldn't have an issue there unless you specifically cancel them as well. I would call your satellite provider and ask them to give you a separate bill right away just to be safe.
#29804 by ssmith
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 am
My temporary number did not go away after porting my number and I can log into "My Ooma" using either number. Maybe that is why my ported number no longer works. I will contact Ooma soon to confirm.
#29821 by allo
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am
ssmith wrote:My temporary number did not go away after porting my number and I can log into "My Ooma" using either number. Maybe that is why my ported number no longer works. I will contact Ooma soon to confirm.

As a new customer ooma gives you a 60 days trial period of Premier; which comes with 2 phone numbers.
I assume the reason they did not take away the temporary number is because of that (Premier)!
#29823 by Sylvia Hayes
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am
mezzy316 wrote:AT&T does not have contracts for their phone service. The only contracts they have are for DSL (which you do not have) and the DirectTV/DISH. Once you disconnect the AT&T service, you should then start getting a separate bill from your satellite provider, so you shouldn't have an issue there unless you specifically cancel them as well. I would call your satellite provider and ask them to give you a separate bill right away just to be safe.

They never gave me a combined bill and glad they didn't my husband qualifies for the GM discount for Directv and we have been trying to hold on to that $5 a month so I guess they never recognized the addition of our combined account for Directv and ATT phone service.

Also, ssmith, I am following your post, I hope you resolve it, I want this to work.
#29878 by Leeway
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:04 pm
mezzy316 wrote:Your temporary number goes away. Also, your logon to My Ooma (formerly the Ooma Lounge) will change from your temporary number to your ported number. You'll get an email from Ooma when that happens.

I've had my Ooma hub for amost a year. Ported my number and never took Premier.

I have no problems

I still have my number and the temporary number
#29906 by Sylvia Hayes
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I have no problems

Do you still have your original service or just Ooma?
#29921 by allo
Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:26 pm
Leeway wrote:
mezzy316 wrote:...

I have no problems

That is definitely a glitch... and after someone sees your post, it is a safe bet to say it will be deactivated!