Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#29536 by Tihoni
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 pm
I am a fairly new user and enthusiastically converted several friends to Ooma. I have also enabled multi ring as one of my most desired features ONLY TO LEARN THAT THIS FEATURE DOES NOT WORK for incoming Ooma system callers (so I was told after several calls to Tech assistance). Now all my recently converted friends calls are not "multi ring" enabled and I miss their calls. I receive the multi ring on all calls other than those originating from an Ooma phone. Can this be fixed...I cannot imagine why not!!
#30938 by ajw522
Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 am
Multi-Ring should work on any call coming in to your ooma number.
#30965 by doug
Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm
ajw522 wrote:Multi-Ring should work on any call coming in to your ooma number.

Where "should" is the operative word. However, as the OP discovered, at this point in time it does not yet work on calls from another ooma number. It is a known issue, and to my knowledge, no estimated date has been given for when it will be resolved. It must not be a simple fix, or I think it would have been done long ago.

It is sadly ironic that getting your friends on board with Ooma means you don't get multi-ring when they call, yet you do from a telemarketer. But I view this as a bump in the road which will get resolved. Before I was on Ooma, I didn't have multi-ring at all so I'm willing to be patient as they prioritize where they focus resources.

Ooma is still the best thing going, IMHO.

Doug
#31028 by ajw522
Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:35 pm
doug wrote:
ajw522 wrote:Multi-Ring should work on any call coming in to your ooma number.

Where "should" is the operative word. However, as the OP discovered, at this point in time it does not yet work on calls from another ooma number. It is a known issue, and to my knowledge, no estimated date has been given for when it will be resolved. It must not be a simple fix, or I think it would have been done long ago.

It is sadly ironic that getting your friends on board with Ooma means you don't get multi-ring when they call, yet you do from a telemarketer. But I view this as a bump in the road which will get resolved. Before I was on Ooma, I didn't have multi-ring at all so I'm willing to be patient as they prioritize where they focus resources.

Ooma is still the best thing going, IMHO.

Doug

You're right! My bad - I learned about this issue recently and forgot about it. Ugh, I need to think more!

Ooma is still the best thing, I agree.