Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Post Reply
Pandora
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Post by Pandora » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows about the status of the Ooma service and the USF? Does Ooma pay into the USF? If so, how much does it pay per subscriber?

User avatar
Leeway
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: North of Milwaukee WI

Re: Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Post by Leeway » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Pandora wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows about the status of the Ooma service and the USF? Does Ooma pay into the USF? If so, how much does it pay per subscriber?

Does this answer your question?

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... -you-money

Pandora
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Post by Pandora » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Leeway wrote:
Pandora wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows about the status of the Ooma service and the USF? Does Ooma pay into the USF? If so, how much does it pay per subscriber?

Does this answer your question?

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... -you-money
No, not really. I'm wondering about the USF specifically.

hpepper
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:29 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Post by hpepper » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 am

I thought the new fee Ooma will be charging starting the second year was primarily to cover USF which Ooma will now have to start paying.

Pandora
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Does Ooma have to pay the USF?

Post by Pandora » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:36 am

hpepper wrote:I thought the new fee Ooma will be charging starting the second year was primarily to cover USF which Ooma will now have to start paying.
I don't know exactly what the new fee is covering, that is why I'm asking.

Post Reply