Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#29400 by Calvin03
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 am
How about a premier option of "scan to fax"? Allow files that have been scanned to be sent to fax numbers thereby avoiding all the fax compatibility issues.
#33168 by oomg
Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:34 am
Calvin03 wrote:How about a premier option of "scan to fax"? Allow files that have been scanned to be sent to fax numbers thereby avoiding all the fax compatibility issues.

I'm not going to say that this would not be a possible future feature. However, IMHO it is not something we as OOMA customers should expect any time in the foreseeable future. First, IMHO the fax is obsolete... yes, we still use them, but to the extent we have a computer and a printer, we can receive documents and print them (or store them, or forward them) in a PDF format without involving a fax. Of course, if we want to send a document as a PDF attachment, we will need to scan it in first. But, scanners are fairly inexpensive.

Having said that, I would prefer that OOMA continue to do what it does best, i.e. focus on a quality VOIP service with a great package of added features.

Now, if you need the ability to receive faxes as I do, I can suggest OneSuite. They provide unlimited incoming fax service which receives faxes at a dedicated number which they provide to you, and forwards the fax as a PDF attachment to a designated email address for $1 per month. If you need to send faxes, for only $2.95 per month, plus 2.5 cents per page transmitted, they provide an enhanced service. Incoming faxes are distributed to as many as five email addresses, and outgoing faxes are sent by attaching a document to a preformated cover page, just as you would attach a document to an email. Again, they provide the dedicated number for the fax service.

See, OneSuite at: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp