Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1562 by brobb
Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:46 am
I've purchased ooma and have easily installed it... but I want to port my existing landline number to ooma. I'd sign up for your premier service, but I'm reluctant until I can begin the number porting process. According to your instructions, the only way to do this is to contact a member of your customer support team. I've called your support line on over ten separate occasions and waited at least 20 minutes in queue each time without getting through.

I've emailed support twice without a reply. Are you guys still in business? This does little to engender my confidence in your company.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to begin porting my number.
#1608 by leek
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:24 am
I am in same situation. ooma support team does not answer the phone call. that is really frustrating since only way to request porting the number was through calling :-(
#1612 by Zheeeem
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:48 am
Zheeeem wrote:Bobby - could you also have someone follow-up with me, too? I'm in exactly the same situation as brobb, and am not thinking happy thoughts at the moment. Jim

So, now I am placed on hold after plowing through the phone tree, and after 5 minutes I'm disconnected. This has happened a few times and, technically speaking, it sucks. My unhappiness quotient is skyrocketing.
#1617 by Bobby B
Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 am
Hi Leek and Zheem, I've forwarded your requests over to support, so you should get a followup soon.

I'm not too sure what's the cause of that 5 min disconnect problem. I think a new support IVR went up last night -- I'll ask our support team manager to investigate it further.

-Bobby
#1704 by kagy
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:35 pm
Ditto on the customer support problems. Please, Bobby, have customer support call me! Been trying for a week and want to port my number to Ooma. Can't until I speak to someone there, but CAN NOT GET THROUGH.

A little success on this issue. Called Ooma support today and got through after a 5 minute hold. Was able to start the porting process. According to the support agent, I'm supposed to get an email with some instructions for mailing a signed copy of my local provider's phone bill back to Ooma, but as of yet that email hasn't come through. Perhaps that takes a while. Persistence is the name of the game trying to get support.
Last edited by kagy on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.