Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#28323 by cjones78
Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:08 pm
I am just curious what you all spend the money that would otherwise go to a monthly phone bill on, if anything? Personally, I will be saving $32.90 a month + the $3 a month telephone adapter rental fee from Comcast (even though I own a cable modem).

Switching to Ooma allows me to break out of the Comcast Triple Play bundle, and I plan on using the money I'll be saving to bump my Internet speed from 16Mbps to 50Mbps (the reason I bought my own DOCSIS 3.0 Motorola cable modem).
#28369 by Leeway
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 pm
What a fun question !!!

My phone bills used to be about $50.00 per month.

Now, I spend that on 'whatever'. Sometimes it goes toward a surprise repair bill and sometimes it is a treat for 'me' personally or technically, other times it is my kids or grandchildren that benefit I know I am loving it and I love to tell others all about Ooma.

I lucked out with high speed internet. After my U-Verse was installed, I had problems with the DVR. As a result, they up you to high speed rather than send a tech out. Later, the DVR failed completely and a tech had to come and replace it. I learned then that once they up your speed, they do not reduce it again. :D
#28372 by Aveamantium
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm
I'd have to say my phone savings have gone to my "geek" hobbies... Just got done building my first computer!

Antec 902 Case
Antec 750w TruePower PSU
Asus M4A79XTD Mother Board
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Graphics Card
G.Skill Ram 4GB F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

And it Posted on my first boot!! :D
#28416 by hpepper
Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 am
Neubiee wrote:Awesome question. I spend it on unspeakable acts!

unspeakable acts - Let's see... does that mean for anything non-voice related - no phone related purchases? :cool:

I did a quick calculation - if I put the amount I used to spend on phone bills in the bank for 20 years at only 4% return, I end up with over $18,000!