Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#28159 by Rcl1234
Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am
I use Ring Central to manage my faxes (they provide a service to convert faxes to emails. I am looking to forward my ooma number to them but only see a option to forward a call to a mobile device. Is it possible to forward a line to a non mobile number?

Thanks
#29058 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:07 am
Rcl1234 wrote:I use Ring Central to manage my faxes (they provide a service to convert faxes to emails. I am looking to forward my ooma number to them but only see a option to forward a call to a mobile device. Is it possible to forward a line to a non mobile number?

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong feature, the one for forwarding VM notifications. Click on "Call Forwarding" in the left column to enter any 10 digit number for forwarding calls. The problem with this feature is that it will require the answering party to "press 1" to connect the call, which will be a stopper for an automated service. Ooma has said they are working on making "press 1" a configurable option but that hasn't happened yet. The only time "press 1" is not required for now is when calls are forwarded on network outage (failover), but that doesn't help your need.
#29076 by technogranny
Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:55 am
:? So why are you wanting to call forward to this service, anyway? I use e-fax and just tell everyone what my fax no. is: the fax# assigned to me by e-fax. Then the fax never comes into my ooma phone altogether. Doesn't your service offer you a dedicated fax number? If you have outbound faxing capability from your home, you can get an efax dedicated fax# free of charge and anytime someone faxes to that number, the faxes are forwarded to your email for free.