Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1422 by RickCosgrove
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 am
Here is what I would like:

Two Line Capability
Multi Handset (Wireless)
NO Digital Answering System
Visual Message-Waiting Indicator

If anyone has any suggested phones or more to add to the feature list please do.
#1593 by Cheezr
Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:17 pm
I purchased one of the panasonic kx-tg9342 sets from amazon.
there is a step up model with 2 lines and the voice mail light on the top works w/the ooma vm.

the only 'but' is that the entire series comes w/answering machine (but you can turn it off - or alternately you can turn ooma vm off and then screen your calls thru the panasonic without a premier subscription).
you can not access the ooma vm from the handset although i am sure the new telo will allow you to do this but otherwise it is a very nice phone and it is using 1.9Ghz so that it does not interfere with wireless networks.
voice quality so far is excellent and the speakerphone is first rate.
the 2nd handset does not require the scout.

good luck
JP
#1600 by atici
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:25 am
I use another Panasonic DECT phone KX-TG8232B with color display. I'd strongly recommend it. Its digital voicemail system could be turned off. The voice quality is excellent with ooma.
#1605 by ejohansen
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:31 am
Cheezr wrote:I purchased one of the panasonic kx-tg9342 sets from amazon.
there is a step up model with 2 lines and the voice mail light on the top works w/the ooma vm.
*snip*

Thanks for the review...that is what I am thinking about buying at Costco.com - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11325604&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|82|56707&N=4017819&Mo=16&pos=1&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=56707&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10606-Cat82&topnav=. Although that is the 4 handset model.
#1613 by scots
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
I got a similar unit from Costco. Mine is exactly the same, with the exception that it doesn't have the additional dialing keypad on the base unit. It works great, and I've had no problems with it. The talking caller ID is awesome, especially if you're busy doing something. You can know who's calling without having to run to the phone/look at the display. I also use the "night mode" on the handset that I keep in my bedroom to keep calls from disturbing me when I sleep.
#1814 by Rod
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am
Cheezr wrote:I purchased one of the panasonic kx-tg9342 sets from amazon.

How does this phone work with the Ooma voicemail indicator? What should I look for in other phones to have the same functionality?

Thanks,
Rod
#1815 by wase4711
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:31 pm
ONLY Panasonic has talking caller ID, if that is a requirement..
I love that about Panasonic phones; the only bad thing, is that I need to have at least 8 handsets, and there is no Panasonic 6.0 DECT system out there yet that allows 8 handsets..6 is the most I have ever seen.
I'm currently using a ATT DECT set that allows up to 12 handsets on it.
Sound quality is awesum, but there is no talking caller ID.

ATT Model SL82518
#2030 by mc1home
Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 am
I have been using GE cell fusion. you can order it with answering machine or without.WHAT I bought it for was the ability to answer your cell phone which you can have two of plus a regular phone line,all from one handset. which is nice for me. once your cell is paired its connects automatic. I come home plug my phone in to sync wala never have to touch again till I leave.
#2101 by mc1home
Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 am
I have read the reveiws,and they are mixed. Mine has worked perfect. What most complaints seem to be are people trying to use there cell while paired.their is a button on cell fusion you need to press to disconnect, if you wish to use your cell in the house to call out on. if you don't disconnect, it does in fact ring on all phones. the other way is to shut blue tooth off on your phone.