Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1420 by RickCosgrove
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:48 am
On my Qwest system when I have a VM I lift the receiver and dial *98 to retreive. It would be nice if ooma did something similar and perhaps even easier, like simply "*" from you home phone get you in. I know I can dial my complete phone number but anything less than 7-10 digits would be nice.
#9187 by jtykal
Wed May 06, 2009 6:56 am
Me too!
With CallVantage, I could dial *** from a connected phone. I use cordless handsets exclusively. My ooma hub is buried in a basement office -- so I always check voicemail from a handset. It's a pain to dial the complete number...
#9188 by niknak
Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 am
... my ooma hub is buried in a basement office -- so I always check voicemail from a handset...

I have the same setup, so I use the scout on a wall jack in the living room just to retrieve VM's
#9192 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 8:54 am
most cordless handsets have a directory on them so you can store numbers - just store your home number as a contact and go that route. even better if your landline handsets offer one-touch speed dial... set it as 1 like on most cell phones and voila

just a thought in case ooma doesn't implement such a feature.
#9209 by jmassimilla
Wed May 06, 2009 1:57 pm
Both my Panasonic and Uniden cordless handsets have voicemail shortcut buttons. I just programmed my number and I can access vm with one touch. I also have a scout in the bedroom exclusively for monitoring and retreiving voicemail.
#9358 by vatipnis
Fri May 08, 2009 3:06 pm
Being a newbie to ooma, can you advise how one picks up voicemail after dialing the number (which number? my own? then what? At Callvantage we had a special VM number to dial).
Thx.
#9359 by WayneDsr
Fri May 08, 2009 4:20 pm
Pickup the phone attached to the hub and press the > key on the hub.
OR if the hub isn't nearby, dial your own number.

Remotely call your own number and hit * at the voicemail announcement.

Wayne
#10548 by mhowie
Sun May 31, 2009 7:57 am
niknak wrote:
... my ooma hub is buried in a basement office -- so I always check voicemail from a handset...

I have the same setup, so I use the scout on a wall jack in the living room just to retrieve VM's

I would like to do the same thing but would also like to have a phone available in that area of my house. I have a dryline loop and my Hub is connected via the Phone port to the house wiring. Could I install a simple splitter at that jack and connect the Scout to it for solely VM and a phone connected to the other side of the splitter?

Of course, I would be sacrificing true second line capabilities by using the Scout in this fashion but with my personal needs, a hardware VM device (Scout) might take precedence over having a dedicated second line.

I don't believe if I were to assign the Scout to my second number (using the Wall and Phone ports from the Hub as described in other threads) I would be able to use that Scout to monitor VM on both lines...but I could be wrong-- and would appreciate confirmation as to my assumption from someone more knowledgeable!
#10549 by mhowie
Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 am
WayneDsr wrote:Pickup the phone attached to the hub and press the > key on the hub.
OR if the hub isn't nearby, dial your own number.

Wayne

When checking VM on a cordless phone from within one's house, is there a way to bypass the normal number of rings in order to access VM quicker after dialing one's own number?

Thanks,
#10550 by WayneDsr
Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 am
Dial your own number, the phone will not ring and will go right to voicemail.

Wayne