Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#28427 by amarryat
Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:37 am
amarryat wrote:
Groundhound wrote:
amarryat wrote:At this point I have my old VoIP number being forwarded to the Ooma so that I won't miss any calls.

If the old VoIP number is the one being ported, you could miss some calls during the transition which can last for several hours.

That's exactly what I'm doing. At least I can make outgoing calls.

You hit that nail on the head. I just tried calling it and get the error message "I'm sorry but that number is not in service".
#28493 by cjones78
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am
amarryat wrote:Well it's lunch time here, and my port is complete and working both ways. Outbound CID is correct.

Good for you! :D I just tried calling the phone number I am porting and all I am getting is a fast busy signal. I'm on the East Coast and won't be getting home from work until about 6pm, so I am hoping everything is working by then!!
#28497 by amarryat
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 am
cjones78 wrote:
amarryat wrote:Well it's lunch time here, and my port is complete and working both ways. Outbound CID is correct.

Good for you! :D I just tried calling the phone number I am porting and all I am getting is a fast busy signal. I'm on the East Coast and won't be getting home from work until about 6pm, so I am hoping everything is working by then!!

You can look forward to an email that will let you know it's complete. It said something about your account has been changed and the ported number is now the primary, so when you log in to my.ooma, you have to use the ported number. I'm on the East Coast too, so yours is probably just about complete too.
#28565 by cjones78
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:58 am
Yay! My number port has been completed! Got an email from Ooma at 1:56pm EST saying the port was completed. I just had a chance to call home and the Ooma Telo voicemail picked up and I left a test message, which got emailed to me in mp3 format. I also was able to log in to My Ooma with the ported number. I'll check outbound calls from the Telo once I get home from work, but I am confident everything is working well!