Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#27522 by Trades4USD
Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am
Hi,

I've been an OOMA user for less than 80 days and my HUB failed last Tuesday. I contacted technical support and they issued a CS ticket number. At that time, I was told that OOMA engineers required 48 to 72 hours to confirm the problem with my HUB, and within that time period that I would be contacted via email with their results. 72 hours ended at approximately 3PM last Friday.

On Saturday, over 96 hours later, I contacted OOMA support again. I was told that the ticket was still open and that nothing had been done.

On Sunday, over 120 hours later, I contacted OOMA support once again. I was told that the ticket remains active and that nothing had been done.

Today its Monday, over 144 hours later, over 6 calendar days, and I contacted OOMA support once again. I was told that the ticket remains open and that the engineers have done nothing to date. Then I was asked for my credit card info and told that OOMA would replace my HUB once the engineers confirmed the problem. I refused to provide my credit card info because OOMA support refused to give me a PRECISE time frame in which OOMA engineers would confirm the problem.

In short, thus far, my experience with OOMA support is totally unsatisfactory because I was LIED to (its been well over 72 hours) and OOMA refuses to be accountable for this issue. I will not sit and wait and wait and wait and watch my warranty expire because OOMA engineers have not confirmed the problem.

WHAT MUST I DO TO GET SOMEONE ACCOUNTABLE AT OOMA TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM WITHIN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OUR CONTRACT AGREEMENT AND SUBSEQUENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT STATEMENTS???

Stressed and pissed off,

Trades4USD
Last edited by Trades4USD on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#27675 by Trades4USD
Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:10 pm
UPDATE . . .

This evening I was contacted by OOMA and it appears that my problem may be resolved. I truly hope I am dealing with a company that says what they will do, and then does what they have said - - particularly when their product cost me $250.

That being said, as with any customer service solution, the proof has yet to be verified. In other words, while I was told the solution will be delivered, it remains to be seen just how long it takes for the solution to be in my hands.

Most companies talk the talk, and fewer walk the walk. I hope OOMA proves itself worthy of both.

Until my next update America,

Trades4USD
#27720 by Trades4USD
Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:26 am
What a SURPRISE . . .

Given the EXTREME DIFFICULTIES that I encountered with OOMA, I sent an email to Amazon that stated:

Within 75 days of use, and ownership, this product has failed. I contacted the manufacturer and was told they would resolve it within 72 hours. It has been over 144 hours and they will not be held accountable for any time frame associated with resolving the problem. This product has a one year warranty and I am very concerned that they will simply delay, delay, delay before resolving the problem. Accordingly, I seek Amazon's assistance in resolving this issue to my satisfaction. Since Amazon sold me this product and it no longer works as described.

Please help resolve this issue with your prompt and courteous reply.

Regards,

Trades4USD

The above email was sent to Amazon at 2:25PM ET on 19OCT09 - yesterday afternoon.

To my "surprise" they replied - in less than 12 hours, at 1:35AM ET - in the positive, specifically stating:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your "ooma Core VoIP Phone System with No Monthly Phone Service Bills". I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:

Shipping Speed: One day shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: October 21, 2009

All I can say is . . . WOW ! ! !

I SPENT, I MEAN WASTED, OVER SIX (6) HOURS OF MY TIME DEALING WITH OOMA TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AND, ESSENTIALLY, GOT NOTHING, NADDA, ZIPPO. IN SHORT, IN MY OPINION, I GOT THE RUNAROUND. TAKING ADDITIONAL INITIATIVE, I CONTACTED A FEW OOMA EXECUTIVES - SPENDING ANOTHER HOUR OF MY TIME, AND WITHIN 24 HOURS, I RECEIVED A REPLY AND SOLUTION. HOWEVER, I SHOULD ADD THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN OOMA IS GOING TO SHIP THE REPLACEMENT AND I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WILL BE A NEW UNIT.

I SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED AMAZON DOT COM FIRST!!!

HAD I KNOWN THAT I WOULD ENCOUNTER EXCESSIVE RESISTANCE FROM OOMA, AND IF IT HAD NOT BEEN OVER 30 DAYS FROM MY AMAZON PURCHASE DATE - I WOULD HAVE SAVED A FULL DAY OF WORK, EIGHT (8) HOURS OF TIME - I WOULD HAVE HAD A REPLACEMENT UNIT IN HAND LAST WEEK, WITHIN 48 HOURS OF REPORTING THE PROBLEM.

WHILE I DO NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT IN HAND, I BELIEVE AMAZON WHEN THEY SAY "ONE DAY SHIPPING" AND THAT I WILL HAVE A "NEW" REPLACEMENT TOMORROW, 21 OCT 09.

FOR ME, THE LESSON LEARNED IS CLEAR, AT THIS TIME OOMA TECHNICAL SUPPORT / CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH AND THEY DO NOT MEET OR ACHIEVE THE DEADLINES THEY SET, ESTABLISH OR CONVEY - IN MY CASE 48 TO 72 HOURS - WHEN IT COMES TO DIAGNOSING A PROBLEM / REPLACING A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT IN A TIMELY MANNER.

IF YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM MY EXPERIENCE, CONSIDER BUYING YOUR OOMA FROM AMAZON DOT COM - AND DO NOT CONFUSE BUYING "FROM AMAZON" WITH "BUYING AT" AMAZON, BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER OOMA SELLERS PEDDLING PRODUCT AT AMAZON DOT COM.

BUY FROM AMAZON, SAVE YOURSELF TIME, EXTREME AGGRAVATION AND HEADACHE.

Until my next update America,

Trades4USD
#27726 by RealDave
Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:49 am
My first telo bricked itself while doing the upgrade. I spent 40+ minutes with CS and everything they went over was very basic. They wanted to kick the ticket up to the next level of support but I told them not to worry about it. I had already spent about 4 hours trying trying to get it to work before the call and I wasn't going to spend any more time on it. I'd swap it at the local Best Buy and get a new one.

Got the new one and it updated and worked perfectly.

Oh, after I had gotten off the phone I finally typed in the "correct" search string and found out that the "1 & 2" solid blue lit numbers mean bricked unit. I would think that they would know that already and immediately diagnose it.
#27797 by Lola
Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:15 pm
Wow indeed. Thats extremely generous of amazon, specially considering they didnt have to do anything. They truly are a great company to deal with. Thanks for reminding me. If only they didnt charge sales tax in my state of WA.

Gotta say I had a similar experience, my first ooma stopped working in less than 7 days, and after spending a cumulative 3 and a half hours on the phones with different reps, I just took ordered a second one. Its been 3 months today since I activated the second one, and everything has been great, but I really hope nothing bad happens again. I do love my ooma now that it works.
#27873 by ntoy
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:13 pm
Hello Trades4USD,

I apologize on behalf of the entire company. We are by no means a perfect company. We continue to grow & learn from the ground up. We appreciate your feedback & concerns & take everything into consideration to improve the company. I cannot guarantee changes overnight, but if you allow us some time, I believe you will see a better Ooma down the road.

I'm glad to hear that Amazon was able to respond so quickly.

If I can provide further assistance, please send me a personal email & include:

-Ooma account name
-Mac address on your Ooma

Regards,
Norm
#28214 by mantis
Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 pm
My Telo also bricked during the upgrade. Ooma's customer support is terrible. After two hours I was offered a "level 3" ticket and a call back in 3-5 days. I decided at this time the unit must be defective and on a Friday night I started the return process with Amazon. Amazon had a replacement in my hands Monday afternoon! The next Telo worked fine. I did find the online forum to be helpful but phone support was the worst.