Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#27318 by iamhives
Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:29 pm
Is it true that there is some form of 12.9% fee on the advertised international calling rates? ("a mandated Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee".

When I call the UK my log shows I get charged 3.2c/min vs the advertised 2.8c/minute. it won't break the bank but its just a little deceiving not knowing this beforehand.
#27323 by dtalwar
Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:58 pm
It is true that the rates quoted are without the FUSF ... Ooma had the exact percentage on the webpage where they listed the rates by country in the older version of the lounge. The new version of the lounge only says there is going to be a FUSF fee but doesn't list the percentage. I guess they did it because the fee can change every year.
#27417 by Lola
Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 pm
I have heard lots of complaining about this, but the truth is my previous long distance companies (MCI and covista) would do the same thing. In my paper bill, it would show the advertised rate in the line item, and then after a totals it would add a tax line item and then the real total. So the actual rate would be higher, except it wouldn't show anywhere cause they had the tax line item to put those in. ooma doesnt have that tax line item, and they just add it to the instance. It does state that the tax would be added, so I don't believe its a deceptive practice since other companies do the same.

However, I do agree in a perfect world it should display the real amount you will be charged including all taxes.