Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26771 by Schwa83
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:43 pm
...to replace my Vonage service.

I noticed in the FAQ that you have a monthly minute limit of 3000 minutes for outgoing calls. Is there any type of limit for incoming calls?

Thanks!
#26774 by lohertz
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm
I believe the limit is 5000 for inbound and outbound. From what I gather, you could go over, but thats a lot of phone time.
#26780 by hpepper
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:00 pm
Schwa83 wrote:...to replace my Vonage service.

I noticed in the FAQ that you have a monthly minute limit of 3000 minutes for outgoing calls. Is there any type of limit for incoming calls?

Thanks!

Yes - The Ooma limit is now 5,000 minutes... BUT...

Didn't know if you realize it or not, but your Vonage agreement for unlimited service shows the following (From the Vonage website):

Section 5.4 Inconsistent with Normal Use.
Lack of continuous dialog activity, unusual call patterns, excessive numbers and/or consistent excessive usage (i.e., More than 5,000 minutes per line per month for unlimited residential calling and/or more than 10,000 minutes per line per month for unlimited small business calling), will be considered indicators that use may be inconsistent with normal use, or that impermissible use may be occurring and may trigger an account review by us.
#26784 by niknak
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:06 pm
the 5000 min/mo refers to outgoing calls...incoming or calls to 800#'s are not included since ooma incurs no termination fees on these calls