Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26375 by brett torfin
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 am
I recently set up a new OOMA Telo. Our sales person told us we could add up to nine lines and that each line would have a unique voicemail greeting. According to OOMA support, this isn't the case. Even though we have three lines set up we can only have one greeting for all three lines. In addition, all voicemails received go into a general mailbox. This means others in my household can access and listen to ALL messages. OOMA needs to upgrade their system to allow 1) unique greeting for each phone line and 2) separate voicemail boxes for each line. I don't want my kids listening to messages left for me or my wife! Brett
#26388 by murphy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:17 am
You need the handsets so you can assign a different number to each handset. Once that is done, they can have unique voice mail. There is a max of 4 handsets so that would yield 5 unique voice mails. Handset availability is said to be mid November.
#26405 by nrs
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 am
Handset feature says :

Private Voicemail
With Ooma Premier, make any Ooma device a private extension with a password-protected voicemail account. You can also set up personal greetings, customize privacy settings, and control your voicemail notification or forwarding.
Unquote

If the private voice mail is available only on Handset then, I think it should be any Ooma Handset instead of any Ooma device.
#26406 by bw1
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 am
nrs wrote:Handset feature says :

Private Voicemail
With Ooma Premier, make any Ooma device a private extension with a password-protected voicemail account. You can also set up personal greetings, customize privacy settings, and control your voicemail notification or forwarding.
Unquote

If the private voice mail is available only on Handset then, I think it should be any Ooma Handset instead of any Ooma device.

It is any Ooma device. If you have the Hub/Scout combo then the hub and each scout (up to 4) can be setup as personal devices. If you have the Telo, then the Telo and each handset (up to 4) can be setup as personal devices.

At least that's how I understand it and I've setup my hub and scout separately in the past to try it out.
#26408 by murphy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:17 am
There are just two Ooma device types in the Telo line, the Telo base and the Telo handset. A cordless phone system connected to the Telo base is not an Ooma device.
#26409 by niknak
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:18 am
If you read Murphy's post carefully he stated that you could have up to 5 private voicemail boxes. One on the Telo (ooma device) and one on each of 4 handsets