Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26287 by cjones78
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:24 pm
When I first got my Ooma Telo, I activated it and connected it to the Internet to download the latest software updates. I got a temp number and made and received a few test calls and everything works great. Currently, my Telo is boxed up and waiting for my phone number to be ported from my current provider (Comcast).

Now I am wondering if I should keep my Telo connected to the Internet (behind my router, since the Comcast telephone adapter is between the cable modem and router for the time being) while waiting for the number port. I just don't want to delay my number porting because my Telo doesn't appear to be "alive" on the network. If I do need to connect it back to the Internet, do I need to hang a telephone off of it as well?
#26290 by hpepper
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:29 pm
You really don't NEED it to be active, but the nice part of it is when the port is complete, you will know when someone calls the line and it rings if it is online and active!