Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26245 by hpepper
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:20 pm
southsound wrote:
Bobby B wrote:The new video is live - let us know what you think :)

Very cool! My compliments to the folks who came up with this! :cool:

I thought I would start a new subject/Thread... I didn't think it would be very good to have everyone comment on a great video with the subject line "Ooma Video Sucks!!!!" on each one :o

My two cents - I REALLY like it - very creative! - Watched it twice - Really, really like it.
#26251 by southsound
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:43 pm
Well, I guess for the sake of accuracy I have to put a slightly wet blanket on things. The RJ11 jack says he's "been down here since 1963!" His memory must be slightly off.

Not possible since modular connectors were originally invented and patented by Bell Telephone Laboratories (patent filed 6 July 1973; U.S. Patent 3,860,316 issued 14 January 1975), and replaced the hard-wired connections on most Western Electric telephones around 1976. At the same time, they began to replace screw terminals and large 3 and 4 pin jacks in buildings.

Reference: Wikipedia and my own childhood memories of those big ugly 4-pin plugs.

And to niknak, I totally agree.
#26253 by hpepper
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:53 pm
southsound wrote:Well, I guess for the sake of accuracy I have to put a slightly wet blanket on things. The RJ11 jack says he's "been down here since 1963!" His memory must be slightly off.

Not possible since modular connectors were originally invented and patented by Bell Telephone Laboratories (patent filed 6 July 1973; U.S. Patent 3,860,316 issued 14 January 1975), and replaced the hard-wired connections on most Western Electric telephones around 1976. At the same time, they began to replace screw terminals and large 3 and 4 pin jacks in buildings.

Reference: Wikipedia and my own childhood memories of those big ugly 4-pin plugs.

And to niknak, I totally agree.

Hey Southsound - I thought the same thing - I remember the big 4-pin jacks in the late 60s and into the 70s... But I still like the animated viedo.
#26256 by southsound
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:58 pm
hpepper wrote: Hey Southsound - I thought the same thing - I remember the big 4-pin jacks in the late 60s and into the 70s... But I still like the animated viedo.

I do too. I guess it's just the old telco employee in me had me check it out. I think the new video will be very effective in getting people to check out ooma. :cool:
#26258 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 pm
I just did a house install for a resident that still had those 4 prongers installed throughout the whole house!

Yes, the ooma girl.... I will miss her.

Wayne
#26260 by hpepper
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:08 pm
WayneDsr wrote:
Yes, the ooma girl.... I will miss her.

Wayne

Oh... c'mon Wayne - Don't tell me you didn't keep a copy of the video or some kind of recording of her???!!! Let me guess... she's engrained in your heart forever! :o