Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26209 by saj070
Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:10 pm
this is one BS full of crap company.

I ama engineer i can't dial out 10 days ooma saying we are working on this what a load of bull crap this is

i took the hub to my friends house who has ooma and same thing can't dial out .

I took his ooma hub to my house works perfectly

what does that tell you hub is defective not working and making outside calls so why ooma keep saying hub is good...

Either they are stupid and just acting dumb... 10 days and they can't accept it is a bad hub...
#26213 by saj070
Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm
WayneDsr wrote:
I ama engineer

Is your hub configured to work WITH a landline and your friends not?

Wayne

no it is not configures to work with landline.. it was working for 10 days then just stopped..

my phone is hooked to ooma hud directly no wall set up ...
#26216 by saj070
Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 pm
hpepper wrote:Also, I noticed you had problems back in August, then got it working - did anything change when it stopped working 10 days ago?

nothing has change same exact set-up why is oom CS so adament that hub is good it obvious it is a defective modem port.

i tried 2 hubs from my friends house both work no problem. i took my hub to there house 2 different house same exact problem....

if that no blatently obvious the hub is defective then i don't know what is....

OOMA just does not want to swap out the hub. i had problem initaaly setting this up in August same crap...
#26217 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 pm
Ok, you've ranted. Now lets get serious, ok? We might be able to help in the forum. Turn the rants off.

I don't see the issue with a replacement, however that's not my call. Maybe someone here can help.
Have you tried a factory reset?

Hold down the ooma tab (yes, it's a switch)
Plug the power in while holding the tab downward.
Continue holding for 30 seconds while ooma does a light show.
Release the ooma tab after 30 seconds.

This should set it back to default.
Unplug ooma.

If your network is up and running and you can have an internet connection, plug the hub into the router via the Modem port and power up the ooma hub. Your router should assign an ip to the hub.
Connect a pc or laptop to the home port of ooma. Reboot the pc/laptop so ooma can assign the pc/laptop an ip.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com and let us know what the home page says.

Wayne
#26276 by saj070
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm
All i want to say i emailed Dennis Peng oome moderator and he looked at my problem ooma sent out a software upgrade which my ooma never received. he called me we change our setting from dhcp to static and guess what everythign is working...

I will first say thankyou to denis getting back to me within few hours and there was someone who knew how to do his job and knowing how to do it...

Denis ;) :D

I still have reservation with customer service and there support if they can leave me out for 10 days and not even call back to say we are working on your problem, completly ignore me this is pure neglegence on ooma support...

I guess this what you get when you out source USA jobs. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Denis thankyou i will send an personnel email to you and your ooma CEO for great support from your end and horrible and terrible support form customer Service....
#26288 by Groundhound
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 pm
saj070 wrote:All i want to say i emailed Dennis Peng oome moderator and he looked at my problem ooma sent out a software upgrade which my ooma never received. he called me we change our setting from dhcp to static and guess what everythign is working...

I will first say thankyou to denis getting back to me within few hours and there was someone who knew how to do his job and knowing how to do it...

Denis ;) :D

I still have reservation with customer service and there support if they can leave me out for 10 days and not even call back to say we are working on your problem, completly ignore me this is pure neglegence on ooma support...

I guess this what you get when you out source USA jobs. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Denis thankyou i will send an personnel email to you and your ooma CEO for great support from your end and horrible and terrible support form customer Service....

In addition to the CEO you might include the Vice President of Product Management. You can look him up here: http://www.ooma.com/company/team
#26469 by saj070
Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:55 pm
niknak wrote:
...we change our setting from dhcp to static and guess what everythign is working...

...I ama engineer..

i guess not a network engineer

niknak - lol not a network engineer but and Aerospace engineer. Main problem was software upgrade. without the software upgrade it will not work.

dhcp to static we change cause we wanted a dedicated IP. that was not the problem. IF ooma did there job and software upgrade never took place then lease they can do is call me and manually force the upgrade.

Problem was they did not call me for 10 days and left me hanging, When Denis looked at my ooma logs and verified no software upgrade cause this he forced the upgrade and we change our settings.

if he could do this in few hours why did OOMA support team took 10 days and still had no clue what was going on ???

Bottom line OOMA phone support sucks that is my experience i should not be waiting 10 days and calling everyday. I was right ooma hub was bad cause the software upgrade was not there...

Case close move on.....