Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26239 by tommies
Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:51 pm
raincity wrote:I've been using Ooma for about 3 months and have been generally very pleased with the service, but after finding that Ooma blocks Touchtones (DTMF) I've maintained my second line with a different service so I can access my existing answering machine.

Since Ooma Basis will no longer include voicemail, will Ooma be passing Touchtones so basic users can remotely access their answering machines? If so, will Ooma Premier also pass Touchtones? If so, I'll sign up for Premier today.

You have ooma for 3 months--pricisely signed up before Oct 1st--you are considered ooma core user. This means you still have voice mail service for the life of the hub.

You should have an email from Ooma on Oct 1st details the changes of the T&C. Below is an short quote from the email I received.
Just to be clear, as an existing Ooma Core customer, the annual Regulatory Recovery Fee mentioned above will not apply to you. You will also continue to receive voicemail and free unlimited Ooma Care telephone support without subscribing to Ooma Premier.
#26240 by tommies
Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 pm
doctorwizz wrote:Does ooma pass tones if one calls some companys customer service where you have to input your phone numbers ect? I don't have a ooma yet.

Yes, I call my bank and credit card CS without problem. It is the inbound tone (DTMF) that get blocked.
#26242 by doctorwizz
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm
tommies wrote:
doctorwizz wrote:Does ooma pass tones if one calls some companys customer service where you have to input your phone numbers ect? I don't have a ooma yet.

Yes, I call my bank and credit card CS without problem. It is the inbound tone (DTMF) that get blocked.

Thx
#26705 by winwin2
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:14 pm
Davesworld wrote:Ever since I started using VOIP, I deliberately chose DECT phone systems that do NOT have a built in answering machine but instead just have a voicemail indicator which DOES work with VOIP. For some reason, the US market is flooded with phones that have built in answering machines yet more and more people cannot use them nor would want to.

Why would I want to dial into my home phone and enter a pin just to retrieve messages when you can easily do so via the web or even an email attachment? This is so 1989.

I need to use answering machine to pickup voice and in order for my fax machine to automatically pick up fax.
This way I can have both voice and fax in the same Ooma line.
If I would use Ooma voicemail, then I need to live up only one of voicemail or fax to be automatically picked up, (the lesser ring-tone one will pick up), which is not my optimal usage.