Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25941 by phayes38
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am
I was kind of holding out on the new Telo because I was under the impression that only it would work with Google Voice Extensions. Will the old ooma work with google voice? Also, is there anyway to be grandfathered in for ooma premier for the rest of my life at this point? Ex: If I buy Ooma today, and sign up for Premier tomorrow, can I get the $99 next year?
#25945 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:55 am
You can get $99 for next year but you have to buy it before December 31 of this year. Apparently you can buy multiple years but the My Ooma web site is not configured so far to handle the purchase.
#25946 by hpepper
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 am
No on the $99/year after that. It will go up to $119 the next year, unless you pay for a couple - three years at $99 before Dec 31.

THEN, there is a lifetime Premiere option - I think it is $399... Anyone else can confirm this?
#25947 by MikeekiM
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm
The moderator's have posted $350, and I confirmed this with a call to customer service...

They told me that I need to have a credit card on file at MyOoma, and then give them a call and ask them about it... I think they call it "buying out the service" or something like that... but it's basically lifetime premier...
#25950 by Aveamantium
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:05 pm
phayes38 wrote:Lifetime premier? That sounds great. Can anyone confirm? What about google voice?

I've heard that as well ($350)... However, I believe it is tied to the Life of the Equipment?

As for GV, there isn't a lot of news on this but I was under the impression that it would work for both systems since this has been in their blog long before the Telo was introduced. However, the waters are pretty murky on the subject!
#25954 by MikeekiM
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:15 pm
I asked this specifically when I called customer service, and the person on the phone had to put me on hold to talk to a supervisor/manager, and then returned and told me that as long as I have the mac-address of the old and the new box, that they would gladly (in the future) transfer the lifetime premier between hardware (due to upgrade or replacing a broken unit)...

I have seen some postings due to the new product introduction that have confirmed with current lifetime subscribers that they can transfer their lifetime to a new telo box if they decide they want to upgrade...

So all of Ooma's actions seem to point to the fact that it is transferable from box to box...but I have not seen anything specific in any TOS...
#26000 by MikeekiM
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 pm
Yes... You need to do two things:

1. Have a credit card on file in "My Ooma"

2. Call customer service and press for the sales (not tech support)...at least this is what I did, and it worked flawlessly...

While I was hesitant to drop the dollars, I am glad to have this decision behind me... And my account on "My Ooma" now shows "Premieir, Lifetime Subscription" as confirmation of my account status...