Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25924 by cjones78
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:48 am
Hi all!
I decided to buy an Ooma Telo to replace the AT&T CallVantage VoIP service I have been using and is being discontinued this month. I bought a Telo from Amazon and received it on Thursday, October 8th. I went on the Ooma website to activate it and once it was activated, I went to the My Ooma website to start the number port process. I chose the option "Premier Annual Subscription and free number port for $99." I found this odd because everything I had read that that the annual subscription for Premier said it would be $119.99 a year. However, the transaction went through and I received the email with the LOA agreement for the number port.

Fast forward to today. I checked my credit card statement and I saw that Ooma had charged me $39.99. I was confused because I figured I would be charged the $99 that I had added to my cart during the number porting process. So, I called Ooma customer support and I was thoroughly disappointed with the answers I received. I was told by the customer service rep that because I have a Telo, that once my 60-day free trial runs out, then I will be billed monthly for Premier unless I specifically opt-out of Premier under the the "Account" menu on the My Ooma website.

I'm a little irritated because all over the website, you can see that if you purchase an annual subscription to Premier, then you can get either a free number port or a free handset. Right now, I feel like I am being screwed out of the free number port since I was told that I can only pay for Premier monthly and my credit card has already been charged the $39.99 for the number port.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I don't feel like calling back as I wasn't impressed with the service I received. It's like the website says one thing, but the customer service rep was telling me something completely different. Would I have better luck emailing customer service instead?
#25925 by Aveamantium
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 am
There still seems to be some confusion with CS on the new Telo... The way you describe the Annual Premier Subscription is how I understand it. You might PM Dennis P. or Bobby B. on the forum and have them straighten it out for you!!

By the way, welcome to Ooma!!
#25935 by cjones78
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:25 am
Thanks for the quick reply! I cut and pasted (with a little editing) what I posted above and sent it in an email to support@oomacare.com. We'll see if I receive a response. I'm not sure if I should bother Bobby or Dennis over this issue; they seem more on the technical side of things. Thoughts?
#25936 by Aveamantium
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 am
Well if CS can't help you in the next few days then I don't know if you'd be bothering Bobby or Dennis... They seem to be genuinely interested in helping people through the issues that have been occurring due to the new Telo rollout.
#26075 by allo
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:29 pm
Aveamantium wrote:Well if CS can't help you in the next few days then I don't know if you'd be bothering Bobby or Dennis... They seem to be genuinely interested in helping people through the issues that have been occurring due to the new Telo rollout.

Just from reading the posts here and on other external sites a LOT OF PEOPLE ARE (STILL) CONFUSED BY THE LATEST CHANGES BY OOMA, and I am very surprised that ooma did not address head-on the many controversial issues they created by these changes.
One effective way to address those issues is by posting clear answers and to the point, here on these forums- instead of addressing them privately with each customer (which I don't believe that is done either!)

Staying MUM is not in anyone best interest!
#26149 by niknak
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:14 am
...instead of addressing them privately with each customer (which I don't believe that is done either)...

I am a long time customer and I got an email detailing my service level and what is covered after the new TOS went in to effect
#26178 by cjones78
Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:17 am
Well, I emailed CS and sent a message to Bobby B. this time yesterday, but haven't heard back from either. I'm just not sure what about my situation so hard to answer. I figured I would have heard something back by now, even if it's a message such as, "We received your email and we'll contact you with an answer in 24 hours."

Not too impressed so far with Ooma; I hope the company redeems itself by providing me with a problem-free number port in a few weeks!
#26252 by Dennis P
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:46 pm
Sorry it took a while to get back to you. We've been trying to trace down what exactly happened to your account. It looks like the website was offering an invalid Premier bundle (Telo Premier bundles are supposed to be $119, not $99), so only the "porting" portion of your order went through. We're putting together a plan to fix your account as well as the other people who ran into this problem. We've fixed the invalid Premier bundle on the web so that other customers won't run into this situation.
#26284 by cjones78
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:14 pm
Dennis P wrote:Sorry it took a while to get back to you. We've been trying to trace down what exactly happened to your account.

Dennis, thank you for replying! I have to admit that I was losing some faith in Ooma after speaking with the CS rep and not receiving a reply to my email. But, I am happy to hear that you've have been trying to figure out what happened with my number porting transaction. When I saw the Annual Premier Subscription + number porting price listed for $99.99, I thought it was just a typo and that my credit card would be charged the full $119.99 subscription price, per the new TOS. But when I saw just the $39.99 charge go through, I knew that something must have gone wrong with the transaction.

Please keep me posted on my account and if I'll be charged the remaining $80 for the Annual subscription to Premier service. I would prefer to pay for the year in advance rather than be charged monthly, if possible.

Thank you!! :-)