3 numbers?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
msfendt

3 numbers?

Post by msfendt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Does anyone know what the configuration would be for 3 numbers? What equipment would be needed. Would I have to subscribe to premier? I currently have 2 lines through vonage and 1 line through time warner ( digital phone ). Any info would be appreciated.

niknak

Re: 3 numbers?

Post by niknak » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:27 pm

each additional number is $4.99 per month
the hub/scout combo can only handle 2 active calls at the same time
if you need 3 active calls you need at least 2 hubs + premier

msfendt

Post by msfendt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for your response. I don't need 3 active calls at one time, would I still need premiere and could I do it with 1 hub?

niknak

Post by niknak » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:35 pm

yes, 1 hub + scout +premier gives you 2 independent lines, extra number gives you third number

doug

Post by doug » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm

msfendt wrote:Thanks for your response. I don't need 3 active calls at one time, would I still need premiere and could I do it with 1 hub?
Just so there is no confusion, you will need premiere and that entitles you to the second number as part of the cost. A single hub with scout or Telo with an extra handset will allow two concurrent, independent calls. A hub or Telo with premiere may have up to 10 numbers assigned to it, but each additional number beyond the second has a $4.99/mth additional charge.

The other number(s) may be in other areas of the country, allowing you to appear to have a local number in other places. Therefore, callers from that area may call you without incurring long distance because they are making what to them is a local call.

Each phone number can be given its own ring pattern and be shared so that all phones or Telo handsets will ring, or a scout or Telo handset can be assigned a specific number so that other devices do not ring at the same time.

You don't even need a scout if you just want all phones attached to the phone jack of the hub to ring when any of the 3 numbers are called. You can still have distinctive rings. What you can't do without a scout are two concurrent calls.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:33 am

I don't think you need to subscribe to Premier service to get additional numbers. Without it, each number after the first would be $4.99 per month.