Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1288 by Cheezr
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:08 pm
I think it would be very cool to be able to upload a small mp3 file or in some other way to be able to select and use a "custom" ringback tone.
this would be an attractive premium feature esp. for the cell phone crowd and i dont think that any of the other voip providers are doing it.

tx
CZR
#1597 by ram0135
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:37 pm
I second this. It would be neat to have selected ringback tones play for different callers, callers in a group, or a default ringback tone for a specific number that plays to callers as they wait.
#1604 by wase4711
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:18 am
yes, this "custom ring by caller" feature is a great substitute for having to run and pick up the phone to see who is calling..sort of like "talking caller ID," that many Panasonic cordless phones have, letting you know who is calling with an audible signal..
#1641 by ram0135
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:20 pm
wase4711 wrote:yes, this "custom ring by caller" feature is a great substitute for having to run and pick up the phone to see who is calling..sort of like "talking caller ID," that many Panasonic cordless phones have, letting you know who is calling with an audible signal..

Not quite the same as ringtones. Ringback tones actually play music or something other than the regular ringing noise to the caller who is calling you. AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and such have implemented these features, as well as services like GrandCentral, and most allow you to customize these Ringback Tones by caller, so you could [in theory] have a different song or tone play for different callers. Check out this Wikipedia Entry for more information. Not a necessity, but would be neat nonetheless, especially as an addition to ooma Premier.
#1643 by wase4711
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:32 pm
my mistake..
I think what I would love is called custom rings, where you can set up a ring/sound/music for different people who call you..one to warn you its your mother-in-law, and another to tell you its your girlfriend calling!

It may be called "distinctive ringtones" or something like that..
#2269 by JoePublic
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm
I agree with this suggestion. I would like to have distinctive ringtones that I can set up by inbound caller ID: one for the wife's cell, one for my mom & dad (home & each of 2 cells), one for my sister-in-law, etc. If it is not possible to have many distinctive ringtones, could we have at least one or two distinctive ones that we could assign to groups of numbers, e.g., "family" and "office"?