Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#25010 by LonelyGuy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm
A feature that allows me to dial from my Outlook Contacts would be so nice! Life gets good when I have only one place to keep my contacts...

I am new to the forums so wont be surprised if this has been hashed before.
#25011 by hpepper
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm
There has been mention of dialing from contacts in the Telo... coming
#25015 by Leeway
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm
I had it with Call Vantage, and I sure do miss it. I hope Ooma/Telo will get to that down the road.
#25023 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm
Of course you can always get a Google Voice account and port the contacts to your GV address book. Then you can call right from the Google Voice contact list. It will ring your ooma first then ring the party you are trying to reach. Works well if you don't mind answering your phone as an intermediate step. I've been using GV with my ooma hub and Telo for some time and really am getting to love the mixture of features. Of course, when Google Voice Extensions are avaialble I'll become a Premier subscriber and the two will have (hopefully) seamless integration. :cool:
#25092 by Leeway
Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 pm
Southsound, I hear what you are saying with GV but the ideal way would be to click on a contact in your ooma phone book and just about instantly your phone rings and what you hear is the phone ringing to the number you've clicked on.

I think ooma will get there in time. At least I hope so.
#25110 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 pm
Leeway wrote:Southsound, I hear what you are saying with GV but the ideal way would be to click on a contact in your ooma phone book and just about instantly your phone rings and what you hear is the phone ringing to the number you've clicked on.

I think ooma will get there in time. At least I hope so.

Have you tried GV? That is exactly how it works.
#25174 by LonelyGuy
Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:48 am
I installed a VoIP system for a Fortune 100 company and one of the best loved features was the ability to use the computer to command the phone. I know one of Ooma's selling features is that you, "...don't need a computer". But lets face it, everyone has their Ooma box between their Internet modem and their computer. who would have high speed Internet without a computer?

I just bought an LG phone that allows me to synch my contacts and calendar between Outlook and the phone. Now if I could just get Ooma to dial from Outlook, I would be happy as a pig at high tide...