Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24958 by Aveamantium
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:16 am
Was just listening to the radio and Jim Rome did his Ooma advertisement. I noticed that he said it is free after the one time purchase (good so far) then he mentioned that it includes Unlimited Calling, Caller ID and VM (oops, may want to clarify these!). Also a little down in this thread http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r231362 ... y~start=60 you'll notice an ad in BestBuy. Good comparison but again it says Caller ID and Voicemail. It also mentions Unlimited, which I know Ooma is trying to get away from using that sales pitch.
Last edited by Aveamantium on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#24961 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 am
BestBuy is sloppy with their ad copy in this example too from the current one for Telo:
"Call waiting and caller ID require additional service through your local phone company."
#24962 by Aveamantium
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:38 am
I'm mostly concerned about the VM issue... I was reading my Telo Box last night and I for the life of me can't find where it says that VM is a premier feature. Even in the printout I think it mentions "Enhanced VM" is a Premier feature? Maybe I'm missing something but I think if I were to purchase the Telo today I probably would assume it comes standard with VM.
#24965 by Aveamantium
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 am
Groundhound wrote:Look at the QSG. It has "Enhanced Voicemail" under the Premier heading.

I caught that but didn't the Hub's documentation say that Standard VM is included and Enhanced VM was a Premier service? With the Telo it should be VM is included as part of the Premier Service. Please correct me if I'm wrong!?

I think I'm getting hung up on the "Enhanced" part as I would assume that this is similar to the Hub in that you'd still get Standard VM with the basic tier. I think it would be cleaner just to say "Voicemail" under the Premier heading...
#24968 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 am
My Telo box doesn't mention VM at all, unless I'm missing it somewhere, and the Quick Start Guide has it clearly listed under the Premier features page. They should have an asterisk with a Premier Feature notation on other mentions of VM in the QSG, like where it appears in the "Contratulations, You're Done" page.

Edit: The box does mention VM under the Premier features list, in the context that you can check your VM from any phone or web browser.
#24969 by Aveamantium
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:02 am
Groundhound wrote:My Telo box doesn't mention VM at all, unless I'm missing it somewhere, and the Quick Start Guide has it clearly listed under the Premier features page. They should have an asterisk with a Premier Feature notation on other mentions of VM in the QSG, like where it appears in the "Contratulations, You're Done" page.

Edit: The box does mention VM under the Premier features list, in the context that you can check your VM from any phone or web browser.

Yeah, couldn't find it on my box either... Just don't like the implication of the ads that it is included and the "enhanced" part threw me a little. I think it would be good to put something on the box that outlines the Basic Tier Features, and then the Premier add-ons available. I still think Ooma is offering a good deal with the free basic tier, I just want them to be careful and not be misleading. I like Ooma and I hate it when I start seeing the "bait and switch" posts here and on other boards. You should know exactly what I'm talking about here Groundhound! ;)

Edit: Just saw your "edit"... This is where the "enhanced" part threw me, as an existing user I would interpret the enhanced part as saying additional VM features such as VM/e-mail attachment and the VM screening was a premier add on similar to the hub. Maybe it is just me! :D
#24972 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:29 am
Aveamantium wrote: I like Ooma and I hate it when I start seeing the "bait and switch" posts here and on other boards. You should know exactly what I'm talking about here Groundhound! ;)

I do indeed. Ooma is improving on the ad-copy accuracy, but need to do better.