Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#28304 by hysonmb
Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:29 pm
Groundhound wrote:True, that's why Ooma will give you your choice of a free Telo handset or a number port for paying in advance.

So that means that they would either have to give the annual incentive or count on customers who prefer to not have to pay every month for the annual plan to continue to work. I'm one of those who'll pay the extra .11 and cover the bill all at once.

BTW, thanks for the reply about payments. I was just talking about Ooma at work today and there is one guy who went to order one as soon as we were done talking and another who was going to talk it over with his wife. Both of them asked me the same question and I couldn't answer it until now. Maybe we should get incentive for bringing in x number of people. Maybe free handset for 2 people? More realistically, if they were to cover the regulatory fee for each customer we bring to them, making the year free unless you have Premier, they'd get more product evangelists. No one I knew had been talking about Ooma and I only found it because of Engadget.
#28317 by Leeway
Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:56 pm
hysonmb wrote:
Maybe we should get incentive for bringing in x number of people. Maybe free handset for 2 people? More realistically, if they were to cover the regulatory fee for each customer we bring to them, making the year free unless you have Premier, they'd get more product evangelists. No one I knew had been talking about Ooma and I only found it because of Engadget.

Ooma does indeed offer a referal bonus. Check the link below

https://www.ooma.com/refer-a-friend
#28646 by hysonmb
Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:22 pm
Leeway wrote:Ooma does indeed offer a referal bonus. Check the link below

https://www.ooma.com/refer-a-friend

Excellent.... thanks!

edit: I just noticed that this had to be done before Sep 30. :( Thanks anyway. The only other thing I found would have required the people to buy from Costco.
#34673 by BeachGirl
Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:05 am
I bought my ooma system from Costco.com in July and am an extreme advocate of the system. I tell everyone about it. I love the send to voicemail feature, blacklisting, cell phone calling, etc. Even bought one for my mom. I just wish I had known about the dates of release for the telo and I would have waited. Oh well...

I just got the notice on the new refer-a-friend program. Does this work with a www.costco.com purchase? I point my friends to buy ooma from Costco since it is convenient and quick. I don't want to send them the code only to find out they can't use it. Thanks!
#34676 by Leeway
Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 am
BeachGirl wrote:I just got the notice on the new refer-a-friend program. Does this work with a http://www.costco.com purchase? I point my friends to buy ooma from Costco since it is convenient and quick. I don't want to send them the code only to find out they can't use it. Thanks!

Hi Beachgirl, My take on the promo codes is that you'd be purchasing from Ooma and I am doubting that they would do you any good at Costco. That needs to be clarified I think but that's how I am seeing it.

On the other hand, I see the Telo advertised for $229.00 in a couple of places and if you put your promo numbers in some spot on the web where other people can see them and pick them up for use, you would get the gift cards for their purchase from Ooma. If three people used your numbers & bought from Ooma, you'd get 75.00 and they'd get a nice discount too.

That's just my way of thinking on this. Either way, Ooma sells more units and they'd be happy.

Donna