Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24719 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 am
I recently became an ooma customer and I have two ported numbers and have split them between the hub and the scout. I can't use the hub line to call the scout and vice-versa. Are you kidding me? One line is downstairs in my office and the other is the upstairs house line... now my wife can't call me from upstairs and she is NOT happy with this ooma thing. Customer service tells me this is just the way it is. I wouldn't have gone the ooma route if I had known. Please try to make this happen, it seems like a no-brainer that your customers would need it.

PS - Actually at the moment the split isn't working... both lines ring both hub and scout... but that's another issue.

-daniel-
#24722 by bw1
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 am
dkm wrote:I recently became an ooma customer and I have two ported numbers and have split them between the hub and the scout. I can't use the hub line to call the scout and vice-versa. Are you kidding me? One line is downstairs in my office and the other is the upstairs house line... now my wife can't call me from upstairs and she is NOT happy with this ooma thing. Customer service tells me this is just the way it is. I wouldn't have gone the ooma route if I had known. Please try to make this happen, it seems like a no-brainer that your customers would need it.

PS - Actually at the moment the split isn't working... both lines ring both hub and scout... but that's another issue.

-daniel-

There is a glitch that may allow this to work for you. I think you have to have 10-digit dialing enabled (which is default) and dial only 7 digits.

Wayne is the expert on this and I'm sure he'll chime in soon. :)
#24729 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 am
It is a glitch and only works for some people.
10 digit dialing must be selected in myooma.

Dial your scout number from the hub and press the # sign. Your scout number should ring. If it works for you it will work both directions.

It will also work if you have just one ooma number and premier ... line 2 will ring.
Wayne
#24756 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am
Tried and doesn't work for me... oh well.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ooma... please make this work someday soon... please? And can you fix my screwed up ooma lines while you're at it? I can either have both lines on both devices and outbound caller id works... or I can split lines between devices and outbound caller id on my scout is randomly wrong (it shows up to my callers as phone numbers I've never heard of... or is withheld). Seems related to new ooma site software release and I hope you fix it soon. Your customer service people (and I) have wasted four hours in last three days trying to get this working... and still no luck (they basically give up and tell me they'll research and call back later - haven't heard from them yet).

-daniel-
#24789 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 pm
Hmmm. I actually have a google voice number. So if I forward it to my office line, my wife can call me on the scout via the google number. How would I call her from the hub in my office to the scout?

-daniel-
#24793 by Sublime
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:22 pm
One way would be to get a second Google Voice number for the scout. I know having all these numbers would be confusing, but it is a workaround.
#24803 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:36 pm
Okay thanks.

PS - Now my phone lines just went from being split between hub and scout to being shared... all by themselves! I give up.
#24845 by circlef
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 pm
dkm,

Don't give up yet. I'm having the same issue with the two lines reverting to one line. See this thread

http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3345

I've sent an email to support (keeping my fingers crossed for an answer) and will post back if I get an answer.

Alan