Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24343 by alyabis
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm
Is Ooma coming up with an iPhone application just like what Vonage did? This will very much increase Ooma customer base and make existing customers happy.

Thx...Fahad
#24353 by Quicksprj
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 pm
I'll third it. In the ooma blog about new features it specifically mentions iPhones and smartphones so I dint know of any other way other than an ooma app to use phone in wifi without cell minutes. That will be cool!!!!
#24395 by AndrewScott
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:26 am
I'll fourth that. I'm dying to use my Ooma account to make calls on my iphone over 3g like Vonage.
#24397 by hpepper
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:31 am
I know just about everyone has an iPhone - but I would like a Palm Pre app :cool:
#24398 by murphy
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:34 am
hpepper wrote:I know just about everyone has an iPhone - but I would like a Palm Pre app :cool:

I don't have either one of those phones. I need a Motorola Razr app. ;)
#24400 by ggilman
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:40 am
This was from the ooma blog http://www.ooma.com/blog/ discussing the "top ten" features they are planning on adding to Ooma Premier.

6. iPhone and BlackBerry Clients – Offload your cell phone minutes and enjoy Ooma’s low international rates when calling from a Wi-Fi connected smartphone

Sorry, no love for the Pre.
#24402 by hpepper
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:46 am
hpepper wrote:I know just about everyone has an iPhone - but I would like a Palm Pre app :cool:

Like the new Ooma website, or the new videos on the website, or the Telo not having Scout capability, or the new pricing structure, or no Palm Pre app, or... (insert your own here)

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time... :|
#25903 by bradchapin
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:29 am
Actually Ooma could have been one of the first since unlike other VoIP providers, Ooma encrypts their traffic. I've used my Ooma box over a 3G modem on at&t (purely for testing purposes), but I have not been able to do so with other SIP providers on the at&t network. I think that at&t said that they'd open up their network, Ooma could have had a serious competitive advantage and stolen a huge amount of subscribers from the likes of Vonage, etc. It's not too late, esp. if the Vonage app falls short on delivering (e.g. only works on wifi, etc) -- not sure what the nitty-gritty is on the Vonage app as I don't have a Vonage account or their iphone app. Depending on their pricing structure, Ooma still might be able to make new friends and influence people.