Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#24338 by Aveamantium
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:57 pm
The only hardware difference (negative) that I can think of would be that you can't use a scout with it. However, the new handsets will replace the need for a scout. Other than that it should be superior in every other way (from a hardware standpoint).
#24358 by southsound
Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:20 pm
Scritly Speaking

Wazzzat? :P
#24387 by southsound
Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 am
bjast wrote:
southsound wrote:
Scritly Speaking

Wazzzat? :P

Ups! It's 'strictly' seriously missspelled ... :>)

Darn! I should have recognized it was an anagram. I'll bet if I had solved it without help someone would have given me a walnut brownie.
(Inside joke - WayneDSR is known on the forum for his wife's wonderful walnut brownies)

To add a little to what Aaron is saying about the scout not working with the Telo - some folks have need for a WIRED second line. With the hub/scout pair you can have both lines as hardwired. If you must have that second line available to a fax machine or other wired device, or if the distance you may be covering is beyond DECT 6.0 range this is your best choice. If you can satisfy your needs with a cordless solution, then the Telo is wonderful. The Telo does supply a wired connection for the first line to use with a fax or alarm system.
#24388 by bjast
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 am
So, just to be clear, if I use the Telo solution, I can still use cordless phones in two locations - as long as my cordless handset currently talk to each other?
#24389 by hpepper
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:06 am
Yes - you can plug your own cordless handsets into the ONE phone jack on the Telo. You could essentially plug two separate cordless phone sets into a splitter into the ONE Telo phone jack as well.
Last edited by hpepper on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.