Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23645 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 am
Yes, you can configure that option in my.ooma.com. Note that this applies to your internet connection only. If Ooma's server internet connection goes down, it can't possibly work. It happened last April. My total outage time is still less with Ooma than it is with Verizon.
#23691 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am
Quicksprj wrote:I thinking forwarding on Internet outage is a premeir service. I don't think any forwarding option is available with the free calling plan.

Correct. With the basic plan your calls will roll to voicemail on Internet outage.
Edit: This raises a good point. Now that I think about it, since the future basic plan does not have voice mail, I guess inbound calls on Internet outage are not connected at all.
#23757 by dr150
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:34 am
Groundhound wrote:
Quicksprj wrote:I thinking forwarding on Internet outage is a premeir service. I don't think any forwarding option is available with the free calling plan.

Correct. With the basic plan your calls will roll to voicemail on Internet outage.
Edit: This raises a good point. Now that I think about it, since the future basic plan does not have voice mail, I guess inbound calls on Internet outage are not connected at all.

That would really be terrible.

Ooma HAS TO impose a system where in case of internet outage, people can still check their voicemail.....
#23961 by Pandora
Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 am
niknak wrote:
...Ooma HAS TO impose a system where in case of internet outage, people can still check their voicemail...

or provide call forward on internet outage for all service levels

I think when a POTS line goes out, and it doesn't have voicemail as an added feature, that callers get a busy, phone not in service, or no answer. Perhaps Ooma can put up a message indicating that there are problems with the line at this time and to please try to call again later.

I don't have much of a problem with this change, other than it seems to be an unintended consequence of the plan changes made for the Telo. If connectivity is important to a customer on internet failure, they must consider Ooma premier, voicemail or another provider.

It is interesting, as I don't think until the Telo that at least some sort of connectivity on internet failure was the default for all Ooma users.
#23977 by tao
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:25 pm
I don't think it costs too much to subscribe to Premier Plan considering all the extras one gets: Enhanced VM, multirings (call forwarding), a 2nd phone number, phone CS, call blocking being the most important.
Let's face it; selling each unit $250 will definitely not take care of all the overhead: after paying the manufacturer and the retailers commission, I don't think ooma nets more than $100 per unit. Do we really expect to get all those services for years for that little- one thing for sure: ooma will not survive just on that one time deal of $100; and provide free calls and all the other things for free for the life of the Hub/Telo.
Subscribing to Premier is a win-win situation for both ooma and us: it ensures that ooma will be around at least for a while (because it will be able to pay its bills), and we will be happy not dealing with those leeches of phone companies, while enjoying the best there is of using a phone, without going bankrupt!

-