Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23361 by Smiff
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 am
I purchased an OOMA Core several week back based on OOMA's advertising of "Free Home Phone Service" "Call anywhere in the US with no monthly fees" and "includes . . . voicemail."

Unfortunately, I did not activate prior to OOMA's unannounced change in its terms and conditions and now I understand that none of these advertisements appearing on my OOMA Core box are true. This is extremely disappointing. OOMA should have provided some advance notice of the change or grandfathered in purchases of the OOMA Core.

Come on OOMA, honor you statements on the OOMA core box for customers who purchased prior to the change in the terms and conditions.
#23365 by southsound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 am
Actually, you will have free voicemail according to posts from ooma spokespersons. The difference will be for those who purchase units in the future that do not have the wording your box contains.
#23436 by Smiff
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm
Big Boy Laroux wrote:check out this thread. Lots of info and your question comes up lots of times and is answered the same way as it is here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3155

I was told a different story by two different customer service reps. I have not tried to active my device (from an old core box), but I was told that all activations, including mine, starting Oct. 1 would be under the new terms. One of the reps told me that is how their system is set up now and there is no way to change it. The same rep also went so far as to chastise me for not activating sooner. Hopefully we will get some resolution on this issue soon.
#23445 by niknak
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:57 pm
Analogy:
I buy a new car, keep it in the garage for a month, but after 3 weeks the DMV raises the registration fees...what rate do you think they will charge me when I go to register it?
#23450 by Smiff
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:03 pm
That is not an accurate analogy because DMV is not the seller of the car and would not advertise that if you buy a car that the registration fee would be fixed (as OOMA did). Also the DMV would give plenty of advance warning that they would be raising their registration fees.
#23471 by Dennis P
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:44 pm
Smiff wrote:
Big Boy Laroux wrote:check out this thread. Lots of info and your question comes up lots of times and is answered the same way as it is here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3155

I was told a different story by two different customer service reps. I have not tried to active my device (from an old core box), but I was told that all activations, including mine, starting Oct. 1 would be under the new terms. One of the reps told me that is how their system is set up now and there is no way to change it. The same rep also went so far as to chastise me for not activating sooner. Hopefully we will get some resolution on this issue soon.

My apologies. The customer service rep is not correct. ALL Ooma Core bundles will get voicemail in the base service. This is true whether you activated before OR after the announcement. As long as you buy a NEW Ooma Core bundle, we will deliver what is printed on the box. Watch out for re-sales on ebay or craigslist, you won't know the true origin of the device and what service tier they have.
#23531 by mcbleu
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:01 pm
niknak wrote:Analogy:
I buy a new car, keep it in the garage for a month, but after 3 weeks the DMV raises the registration fees...what rate do you think they will charge me when I go to register it?

was you car advertised as free dmv fee ?