Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1224 by trim81
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm
Bobby, as of my testing, the blocking is not sticking...

I tried both anonymous blocking and added my cell number to the personal block list, but calls are still coming in.

I even went as far as rebooting the Ooma hub.

-Any suggestions?
#1226 by Bobby B
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:35 pm
When you call from your cell phone, do you hear ring back on your cell phone? Do you currently have your settings set to block phone numbers completely or have it set to forward to voicemail?

Mind if I add my desk number to your personal blacklist and give it a try?
#1227 by trim81
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm
Bobby B wrote:When you call from your cell phone, do you hear ring back on your cell phone? Do you currently have your settings set to block phone numbers completely or have it set to forward to voicemail?

Mind if I add my desk number to your personal blacklist and give it a try?

sure you can add your #...

when I call with my cell number XXX-XXX-4469, calls come through, and when I block my cell with *67, calls still come through. (fyi: my panasonic DECT 6.0 cordles shows Out of Area, instead of Unknown or Block for blocked calls) <---anyway, calls still come in
#1228 by trim81
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:39 pm
Also to note: On my secondary Ooma scout number, I just changed the Voicemail greeting, and my scout have not yet updated to the new greeting...

The VM system shows a new updated greeting, but the scout did not get the pushed update.
#1229 by Bobby B
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:12 pm
Thanks for helping with the test. I just spoke with our engineering folks - they're debugging this problem now. It definitely looks like the Blacklist and ACB enable preferences are not being passed through to our call blocking server.

We'll also have a look at this voicemail greeting update problem.
#1234 by Bobby B
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:04 pm
I think we've resolved the issue with the personal blacklist and ACB settings not sticking -- when you get a chance can you try calling yourself from your cell phone or one of the other numbers on your personal blacklist?

Are you seeing any error when attempting to remove your cell phone number from your blacklist? Or does the change just not stick? Can you still add an entry to your blacklist?
#1237 by trim81
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:22 pm
Bobby B wrote:I think we've resolved the issue with the personal blacklist and ACB settings not sticking -- when you get a chance can you try calling yourself from your cell phone or one of the other numbers on your personal blacklist?

Are you seeing any error when attempting to remove your cell phone number from your blacklist? Or does the change just not stick? Can you still add an entry to your blacklist?

Not fully fixed...Scouts is blocking numbers but my main HUB is not blocking ACB OR Personal block

Main Hub is: XXX-XXX-6543

Also, voicemail on the scout did not get updated either
#1243 by skellener
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 pm
I just tried adding numbers to my blacklist. There were about 9 all saved. I went to look through my call logs for some others. When I returned to the blacklist page, they were all gone. Doesn't seem like the website is storing the information.